Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: anyone have anakin force fx speaker/battery holder

Default anyone have anakin force fx speaker/battery holder

Does anyone here have a spare anakin force fx battery holder/speaker.
    I bought this saber on ebay, and the speaker is blown, it sounds like a cheap plastic toy now. can anyone help me, if you do let me know how much you want for it.
    thanks.

what are we talkin about?

I forgot to say that it is the 3 AA battery type.
    thanks.

what are we talkin about?

I never did find one for my Vader FX, the battery holder/speaker seem to be few and far between. Good luck in your quest.

Do-Clo
    Don't make me destroy you...

The speaker can be replaced.

Finding a proper sized speaker is the problem. I have used a radio shack speaker to replace the MR speaker, BUT, the radio shack speaker has a deeper magnet. I trimmed the plastic to get it to fit, but the speaker still extended the battery pack by almost an 1/8". However because I was building a custom sink pipe saber, I was able to move and the mount the electronics to account for the extra length.

The Panasonic EAS2P113D might work, it looks really thin 3mm, but it is only 20mm in diameter, that might be too small.

Nyow!
    /
    =^o^=

You know, I bought a second hand Anakin and after hitting it a ferw times the sound went really dull and crappy, I hit it really hard again and it turn off then on straight away and worked normally. It does it every so often now. I'm gonna split the battery pack and resoler everything. Dunno, might be the same problem for you.

Less talk, more action........

I swapped my battery pack with a different saber, and found that it worked just as crappy, and that the second battery pack worked fine in both sabers. When I disassembled my speaker, it had a huge fold in the poly. I have no idea why it creased like it did, but it pretty much put mine out of order.

Doesn't hurt to swap battery packs and to double check, if you have an extra sitting around. In my case, it required a speaker replacement of some kind, And it is a hard one to match.[xx(]

Nyow!
    /
    =^o^=

best solution: find a damaged saber off ebay. make sure the sound works. i got a vader, the one i just led lux converted last week, fo 50 bucks total. shipping included. when it arrived i slapped batts in it and believe it or not, it worked perfectly. nothing wrong at all. so i got a perfect fx mr vader for 50 bucks. if you be patient and look on ebay, lots o searchin, you will find a good deal too. and then you will have a batt pack, or just part out one of them to make a good one. best way to do it really, in my mind.

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...

read this thread and you'll have the perfect solution. read it carefully, and thouroughly.
    http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/sa...p?TOPIC_ID=338

I have surrendured to the ways of the darkside. Fear is my ally

I take it that some of those posting in this thread have disasambled FX lightsaber battery packs, my question is: what are the speaker's dimensions? I'm using the guts from a Vader (3AA version) and was thinking about using the speaker, but my hilt ID is only 1" and I wanted to know if the speaker would fit. The Battery pack technically belongs to my dad, but he said I could have the speaker if it fits.

Also allelectronics.com sells speakers that have a 1" OD and are only 5/32 thick. I Don't have one so I don't know if it sounds ok; just FYI

Speak softly and carry a big lightsaber.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Darth Frieds

read this thread and you'll have the perfect solution. read it carefully, and thouroughly.
    http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/sa...p?TOPIC_ID=338

I have surrendured to the ways of the darkside. Fear is my ally
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

LOL, that's not exactly a fix... it does get rid the problem though.

<center>Read the FAQ or x-wing won't be happy.
    Before posting did you check the Thread Index?

</center>