Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: anyone have anakin force fx speaker/battery holder

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by SaberSentinel

I take it that some of those posting in this thread have disasambled FX lightsaber battery packs, my question is: what are the speaker's dimensions? I'm using the guts from a Vader (3AA version) and was thinking about using the speaker, but my hilt ID is only 1" and I wanted to know if the speaker would fit. The Battery pack technically belongs to my dad, but he said I could have the speaker if it fits.

Also allelectronics.com sells speakers that have a 1" OD and are only 5/32 thick. I Don't have one so I don't know if it sounds ok; just FYI

Speak softly and carry a big lightsaber.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

The speaker is 1-3/32"(27mm) in diameter and about 3/16"(4.76mm) thick.

Nyow!
    /
    =^o^=

LAN-ED-TUL,

The same thing happened to me but I got mine for about 30 dollars and when I got it, the saber worked perfectly. Did you buy yours from dealtree?

The opression of the Sith will never return, you have lost - mace windu

Ok, You know how I said my saber sounds bad when hit, then goes back to normal? Well it happened again today, and it seemed like a good chance to test battery packs, so I switched packs and the sound still came out crappy, leading me to believe the problem is in the hilt - probably the switch. Dunno, something to think about.

Oh, about getting MR to send a new saber - well it worked for my brothers Vader that I bought brand new for his b'day, they sent me a brand new one. Then I bought 2 sabers off eBay expecting them to be brand new but they were used. I tried to do the same with MR and then they asked me from the place I got it from to make sure it was an authorised retailer. I didn't wanna lie so I didn't reply to them. Oh well.

Less talk, more action........

yep, dealtree. we both got good deals, but you had to read the print about what they said was damaged. make sure its just a dim spot and sounds workin, thats what i done.

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...

I got one from Dealtree last week. It didn't say Yay ot Nay about the sound, so I hope it works! Or at least be able to fix it.

It did say the blade was "Dim" so that has me wondering...

Well we'll see when it comes in! And I didn't pay for it. A friend of mine with an ebay account (I don't have one) owed me some $$.[8D]

Have you read your Thread Index today?
    FAQ

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Protein5000

Ok, You know how I said my saber sounds bad when hit, then goes back to normal? Well it happened again today, and it seemed like a good chance to test battery packs, so I switched packs and the sound still came out crappy, leading me to believe the problem is in the hilt - probably the switch. Dunno, something to think about.

Oh, about getting MR to send a new saber - well it worked for my brothers Vader that I bought brand new for his b'day, they sent me a brand new one. Then I bought 2 sabers off eBay expecting them to be brand new but they were used. I tried to do the same with MR and then they asked me from the place I got it from to make sure it was an authorised retailer. I didn't wanna lie so I didn't reply to them. Oh well.

There are a couple places for the circuit to cause problems other than the switch. If it was the switch, you would experience lighting problems also.

The contacts at the battery pack could be dirty, or not connecting firmly. The wiring to the spring contacts could be loose, or the three wire plug socket at the brown connection could be loose also.

If you are not having any lighting problems, it could also be then it could also be just the brown wire connection at the PCB.

Nyow!
    /
    =^o^=

its hard to find the speaker.

The Dark Side will kill you
    www.starwarscustoms.bravehost.com

thats why it might be best to buy a damaged one from ebay, and pay attention to what the damage is on it. i stay away from any that say, it doesnt come on, or sound doesnt work. just look for ones that say stuff about the lighting. if your converting to lux, it shouldnt be a problem in that regard. as long as sound works should be good.

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...

Ahhh, thanks Umi, when I take it apart I'll have to check it out. You reckon I should split the houseing of the sound/light board to look around?

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Protein5000

Ahhh, thanks Umi, when I take it apart I'll have to check it out. You reckon I should split the houseing of the sound/light board to look around?

That's really the only way to check on the contacts and the wiring between the battery and the board. The two halves can be Plastic Welded back together if you want to re use the whole mount.

I shop like Lan-Ed-Tul though, bid on the ones that have the least number of problems. And Dealtree-Auctions does sell undamaged open box sabers that have no damage or issues at all. They sell for 50-78 bucks. Most of them go for around $56 as long as people don't get into a bidding war.[]

Nyow!
    /
    =^o^=