Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Stormtrooper/Kamino-ish saber progress thread

The weathering on that thing is SICK! Impressive, most impressive

Wish some folks would read the larger posts fully, huh?

Seth, that is fantastic!!!!! Good job on the weathering dude!!!!
    XBOX 360 Gamertag AdeganBlue

Being so great, the owner of these wonderful forums and attached shop has filmed how to build an MHS hilt, here's the link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm_-BQb_-eY
    Is he just great to you all?

Youngling

Cheers, guys! It's looking alright, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Barmic Rin View Post
    Wish some folks would read the larger posts fully, huh?
    ...yeah, but I've done that myself plenty of times when I'm interwebbing in the small hours, so I'm not about to be picky lol...

That is one sick saber! The weathering is perfect.
    New to the forum: READ, READ, READ! it's the best way not to get flamed.
    Time for a kirby dance <('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)<('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)

That's sweet, and the weathering is just awesome!

How bad were the chrages/taxes for getting it in the UK outta curiosity? I've designed my first MHS saber and the import charges are the only thing holding me back...

Pete

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

That is an awesome looking saber. Great weathering job. I can't wait to see it lit up.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

Nice job on the weathering.
    I would suggest a P4 white with a light blue Lee filter in a Thin walled corbin blade and a sith soundcard.
    butthurtz is a path to the darkside.
    Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to butthurtz. Butthurtz leads to suffering

Youngling

Well, I still need to get the guts installed, It's nearly all wired/soldered, I'm currently tinkering with the speaker setup to try and get some meaty resonance and have sanded down some of the ultraedge blade stock to fit, so I now need to get some PolyP in it (without dust and cat hair lol) and a reflective tip. I had to mod the reflector optic to fit, but it seems to work OK, it's pretty bright and a nice, traffic light shade of amber. So nearly there...

Xiarr Odai - I treated myself with my last order, but, if you get charged, it's 15% VAT, a few quid import duty and Parcelforce's "handling fee"; in my experience, it's been 15% VAT plus around £20 - that's pretty loose guessing though, just to give a very rough idea. It makes it more worthwhile putting in a larger order (that was my rationalization last time, anyway, and I'm sticking to it...)

Roy's Blues - thanks for the suggestion. I've decided on the amber for now, it's something I wanted to try outalthough it is attached with a quick disconnect and I do like the idea of a clean, pale, icy blue. I'm beginning to envision this as a Clone Wars era jedi saber, possibly with the design reflecting a closer connection and/or affinity with the clones than most... and I think it'd complement a part-armoured jedi costume (now there's another project idea...)
    I agree that the corbin film could look good, especially with a pale colour - I remember seeing a corbin blade with a white LED at some point (possibly Barmic's Imp Knight?), and I liked how the "coring" looked better than with coloured LEDs - but right now, I'm more excited to put together a blade with the white PolyC ultraedge blade stock and see that in the flesh for the first time.
    Oh, and it'll have a US 2.1 in it for the time being, which I am trying to get sounding quite growly with the resonance.

Next update will be with pics ...

Sounds good Seth!

(O_O)>o====7--------------------
    Join the dark side!
    ................When they're sleeping, take the browies and cookies and the IMAX TV and run!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sethski View Post
    Xiarr Odai - I treated myself with my last order, but, if you get charged, it's 15% VAT, a few quid import duty and Parcelforce's "handling fee"; in my experience, it's been 15% VAT plus around £20 - that's pretty loose guessing though, just to give a very rough idea. It makes it more worthwhile putting in a larger order (that was my rationalization last time, anyway, and I'm sticking to it...)
    Cheers mate, helps a lot!

Pete