Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Stormtrooper/Kamino-ish saber progress thread

Youngling

OK! I had a wait for the parts for this to come as I was waiting on the US2.0 I ordered coming back as a 2.1 before it was sent. Neeless to say, I was very excited going and collecting my box from the Parcelforce depot and scattered a few styrofoam peanuts on the bus having a sneaky peak on the way home...

I've taken some pics of the parts with the grips and covertec temporarily stuck on - I'm actually planning on doing the drilling and tapping stuff when I next visit a friend who has decent tools.

The silver and recessed white bands above and below the rear grips will both be black, as will the pommel insert. The choke and 2" female part are attached on the pic of the pieces coz I think I screwed them a bit tightly together - I've WD40'd them, so I'll see how they are in the morning: no drama if they won't budge, it's workable around.

I'm pleased with how it looks, although I might get a different blade holder/emitter section next time I order (thinking blade holder 13), we'll see.

And I'm still undecided on blade colour - I still fancy blue or purple, but I'm also considering amber...

Anyway, here's the pics:

Wow, I love it. I have to know though, where did those grips come from? I've never seen anything like that before.

Youngling

Cheers, Obi-Ben!

The grips are cannibalised from an old Yoda FX.

that looks great dude. i love the use of the old grips. they are a nice change to the norm

The measure of true wisdom is the ability to entertain ones idea and not except it as your own.

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

That is a very nice saber! Very stormtrooperish.

I see the color as a dark amber. It would look good contrasting against the white.

Do you have a name yet?? Or are you just going to call it "The stormtrooper Saber"?
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

VERY NICE!!!!!!!!!! I like the white color scheme. About the LED color, don't use white....LOL.
    I'M JUST A SPY(LOL)

very nice...cant wait to see it finished.

That is looking sweet!

Yay!!!!!!! Seth gets his MHS on!!! I wanna see the end results of this one in person at the Shindig!!

Awesome work dude!!
    XBOX 360 Gamertag AdeganBlue

Being so great, the owner of these wonderful forums and attached shop has filmed how to build an MHS hilt, here's the link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm_-BQb_-eY
    Is he just great to you all?