Thread: Greeting from yet, another new user :)

Default Greeting from yet, another new user :)

Hello all.i pulled my plasma sabers out the other night and decided to check out what progress the hobby has made since i last built anything, probably 10yrs ago. I ordered all the parts exept a blade , to start my new project. I just wanted to share my little experience with the hobby.

My first saber was an ANH anikan PLASMA sink tube saber. I dont remember the driver used , but the activation is thru contact between the metallica tap. The more skin u touch to it , the higher the blade travels. Took some practice to make it look fluid.

This was my next saber. I'm sure alot of you will know what color box i got this idea from Simple momentary button , fluid light travel to end and back.

and these are just the 2 ICONS Lightsabers i bought when they came out. Too bad they're worth crap now , unless cert is signed. Mine are not.

so out of curiosity i started taking apart the vader and it looks as tho i may be able to convert it. easily. Doesnt really look like $300 worth of material huh at least it was 12yr ago and i was young with $ to waste.

a pic of the plasma sabers on i just love how they look in video or pictures, untouched.i had florescent lights and 2 monitors on during pics. or i'd be brighter

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight
    Zama City, Japan, Sol 3, Gould Belt, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Supercluster

oooo very nice! can't wait to see what you do with converting the ICONS sabers. ^_^ any way to talk you into a brief video showing the ignition of those plasma sabers? thanks love! welcome back to the hobby!
    CLICK HERE FOR ALL YOUR ECONO SOUND BOARD WIRING DIAGRAM NEEDS!

Duel - to fight someone 1 on 1. Dual - 2 of something in line with each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Multiple People
    To Azmaria listen you should...

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight
    Zama City, Japan, Sol 3, Gould Belt, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Supercluster

sweet! thanks love! ^_^ excellent ramping effect, but i have to wonder at the interference that would have on a soundcard. probably one of the reasons everyone went to LED ladders. do you have any plans for them? i think that if we ever did develop a saber that can cut things it would produce a fair bit of plasma just from the interaction of the air similar to that.

as for that Obi ICONS, i can see that taking to an LED ladder style blade very well.
    CLICK HERE FOR ALL YOUR ECONO SOUND BOARD WIRING DIAGRAM NEEDS!

Duel - to fight someone 1 on 1. Dual - 2 of something in line with each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Multiple People
    To Azmaria listen you should...

i never planned on putting sound into the plasmas. i dont remmeber that being an option when i was making them. Thats why i'm making an LED. small steps

as for the obiwan saber...its solid aluminum. Even if i could hollow out the handle the choke is too narrow and the emitter isnt long enuff to hold anything and be strong enuff to withstand an impact. but it looks good and its nice and heavy. The darth is really light.

Those plasmas are pretty righteous =)
    All the spaces in between, in the flow of dreams and energy, the scars in the force ... I am at the heart of the void....

Jedi Initiate Loachri MacTalabh's Avatar

I got my idea from that same box, with a little tweaking. I like the plasmas, the have good solid and bright color. Nice job.

Jedi Padawan
    Jedi Padawan

Welcome and well met, BK. I forgot how cool the plasmas were... Looking forward to seeing the upgrade on your DV.

Knowledge must be balanced by Practice.
    Practice must be balanced by Experience.
    Through Knowledge, Practice, and Experience
    we gain Wisdom.

-Boj-Vaati Mau
    Jedi Sentinel, Jar'Kai practitioner,
    and Instctor at Strafe Plains Temple

Saber Guild: Strafe Plains Temple
    The Rebel Legion