Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: P4 Lum?

Default P4 Lum?

Anyone know what the Lums are for the P4s sold in the store? I am putting together a saber for a buddy and he originally wanted a white blade, but I bought a p4 from the store and put it in a different saber I am building for myself and wasn't impressed. I might talk him into doing a Cyan experiment but was just curious if a k2 would be brighter than a p4.

Any recomendations for a bright white?
    Last edited by bigbret50; 01-06-2009 at 04:03 PM.

P4 White U bin is 240 lumins at 1 amp.
    I'M JUST A SPY(LOL)

Is this the brightest the store has. Mine seems to barely light the 40 inch blade.

What is the set-up you have running?

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

I had it on a resistor then just direct drove it. It brightened up a bit but is still very dim. I ordered this with a P4 red and it never worked. Maybe something happened in the shipping or something.

I am assuming a p4 white should light up a 40 inch blade fairly evenly and brightl correct?

What kind of diffuser is in the blade? 40" is a bit long for most led's to light properly with out good diffusion. Strydur has also had others with quality issues with the Seoul P4's not working.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

thick walled polycarb, mirred tip. Standard blade bought in the store. I am debating either to buy another one or change with a reliable lux 3 color. Only problem not sure what color. I liked the white. I am also shortening the blade a few inches.

If you shorten the bade to say 36 in and add polyp to it it will light up fine.
    New to the forum: READ, READ, READ! it's the best way not to get flamed.
    Time for a kirby dance <('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)<('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)

Does everyone agrees though that the P4s are better/brighter than the K2s? I am thinking I just got a bad one.

I shortened the blade and it looks a bit better but not much. Going to try my first expieriment with polyp soon as well.

Most would agree that the P4 is brighter....I have both the P4 white runnig on an ultrasound with 2 Li-ions, and a K2 white running from an MR with 4AA's, both sabers have the same pink Lee filter, the same length and type of blade, and I hardly see a difference in the two.