Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Battery Pack Making

You wont need both. the PCB handles the Polyswitch things.

If that is the case, then why does the pre-built pack contain both?

Extra protection, CYA for pack makers.

LOL, ok, so if I wire it like this, then I'm good to go after a little shrink wrap magic? Do I need to put a plastic spacer in between the cells to make sure there's no contact?

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight
    Zama City, Japan, Sol 3, Gould Belt, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Supercluster

on a side note, please remove your link to the battery pack place - they sell similar things to what Tim does and it's disrespectful.

as for the polyswitch, it's completely unnecessary in anything unless you want to force your battery pack to cap out at a certain output. all Li-Ion PCBs have them built-in. as for contact between the cells, there's no need since the 2 contacts indicated are wired together anyway. oh, and the PCB is nowhere near that big. the 7.4V ones are generally about an inch long and half an inch wide or so.
    CLICK HERE FOR ALL YOUR ECONO SOUND BOARD WIRING DIAGRAM NEEDS!

Duel - to fight someone 1 on 1. Dual - 2 of something in line with each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Multiple People
    To Azmaria listen you should...

Azmaria, on your first point, there's no need to point things out like that publicly. PM me. There was no disrespect intended. Simply didn't realize that Tim had similar components since he doesn't have the battery pack I used previously. I've since removed links to stuff he sells. As for your other db comment, thanks for pointing that out. My 5 second paint drawing wasn't to scale. I appreciate you calling me out for it. The question was about wiring for the pack, not the size/scale.

Anyway, back to my last question that was actually on topic, does anyone think a plastic wafer between the batts would be a good/necessary idea? Yes, they're wired together but at a different point (the PCB) rather than at their point of origin.
    Last edited by IndustrialAction; 03-24-2011 at 04:27 PM.

Ok if i'm getting this correctly

pos from battery A goes to B+ and neg goes to com
    pos from battery B goes to com and neg goes to B-

is that correct??

Dude, settle down. No need to snap at Az. If you read elsewhere on this board, its quite often that someone gets told on the board to take down a link. And its not like she was insulting you by saying the pcb wasn't scale. I'm sure she was just clarifying to make sure you weren't mistaken about the measurements. You've only been here a month, no need to try and make enemies.
    Last edited by Tanimal; 03-24-2011 at 06:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jin starkiller View Post
    Ok if i'm getting this correctly

pos from battery A goes to B+ and neg goes to com
    pos from battery B goes to com and neg goes to B-

is that correct??
    Yup, that's what I got from instructions I've dug up.

ok getting ready to do this tues when my parts arrive ....thanks