Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Old ANH luke MR soundboard voltage

Reaver

Default Old ANH luke MR soundboard voltage

I have an old MR ANH luke saber, and it must be one of the old models cos it takes 6 AA batteries, and I read here the newer ones run off 4. does anyone know what voltage they run off?

and I have been told its difficult to hook an EL up to this soundboard setup.. can anyone help with this?

each batt. is 1.5 volt so add it up.

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...

I have not had an older MR to test but it has been said that the sound board runs off of a lower voltage than the blade. The newer MR sabers have three batteries so it is possible that the older sound board runs off of 4.5 volts also.

Do-Clo
    Don't make me destroy you...

Reaver

yeah that makes sense actually, thanks,

aw nuts, i thought he meant the batts. my bad.

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...

With exception to the EL models, all MR sabers run on 4.5 volts, even the 6 cell versions.

http://www.ultrasabers.com
    Corbin|Strydur|Ultra
    The Holy Luxeon Trinity

Reaver

Ok thanks ultra, thats what I wanted to make sure of. I think to adapt that to an EL blade I suppose I will need to extend my hilt to accomodate for a new battery setup exclusively for the soundboard.
    At the moment thats the only way I can think of to hook it up..

Reaver you can use a 7805 which is a 5 volt voltage regulator to power the sound board without using an additional battery pack.

Do-Clo

I also have an old master anh luke saber.i took it apart for basically everthing inside.i tryed to connect a luxeon lll led to it.everthing worked but the led was very very weak.and i can not figure out why.if the answer is somewhere else I AM SORRY X-WING IF YOU ARE BACK.i looked around but couldnt find an answer so if anyone can help that would be a big help

Check your wiring to make sure that you have it connected properly and check for loose connections. If you have a multi meter check the voltage at the led then hook it up for current and check how much current you have to power the led. If this doesn't work then post pictures of your wiring and a diagram if possible.

Do-Clo