Thread: Do Force FX soundboards put out a lot of heat?

Default Do Force FX soundboards put out a lot of heat?

Hi all, I have a Force FX sound board that is 1" wide by 1-1/2" long that I need to put into an aluminum tube that has a 1-1/32" inside diameter. I was wondering if it is safe to wrap the sound board with electrical tape so that it will not short out if it touches the aluminum. My only concern is heat dissapation. Does the Force FX sound board put out too much heat to be wrapped up in electrical tape? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."

Jedi Council Member vortextwist's Avatar

don't know if electrical tape is the best to use since it can get rather sticky and if you have to ever pull the board out to work on it, it might be messy. try a 35 mm film canister or pill bottle of corresponding size. Or even some kind of plastic sled. will look more professional.

BLUE 3- Ready

Wrap it in 1" heatshrink tubing...the boards do not give off enough heat to worry about it damaging the board. Don't use electrical tape for the reasons that Vortextwist mentioned.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

1" heatshrink or plastic tube are best. But in a pinch you can make a very nice electrical tape "sleeve". lay 4 pieces of electrical tape out (4"long) and connect them to make a rectangle. lay the rectangle out sticky side up. now make a second 4 piece (rectangle/square) that is only 3" long. place the new rectangle's sticky side against the 4" rectangle's sticky side leaving 1" of its sticky side exposed. now you have a nice sleeve to wrap around your board that only sticks to itself! (no mess, great insulation, simple to make and easy to remove later)
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

Sweet, thanks for the help everyone.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."

Agreed with all these guys! Yup, no need to "mummify" the boards... no matter what they are, heheh.
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide