Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: New saber design need some insperation.

Jedi Council Member vortextwist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JetSet View Post
    Spell-check much?
    for someone with only 36 posts

anyways.
    It looks good so far man. i wouldn't mind seeing some sort of design in the female extensions to set off the rest of the saber. not sure of what or course but some extra grooving. I think a shroud will just be too much since simple is what your goin for.

BLUE 3- Ready

I wouldn't hide that emitter with a shroud, myself...maybe just a ring of a different type of material, like say.....Brass!

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

I'd say that is a good start.... it definitely has an episode one feel to it....No shroud though....There are no shrouds on any sabers in TPM....maybe some kind of sleeve that will tie the grip and the 2 inch section together...and of course you need to work a little black in......

KI-ADI-MUNDI on FX-SABERS.com

Here's what I see.

Sairon gives you an option.

You mouth off and tell him to read.

He replies saying that it was simply an OPTION for a CUSTOM saber, and that he's sorry for sounding mouthy.

You mouth off again.

I don't even care that I didn't add anything to the thread, because in my opinion if someone is trying to help, then you instantly shut them down, you're in the wrong.

And even if noone agrees with that I'm sure someone else has to wonder, like I did, how you can tell someone to read, but be completely incapable of spelling properly. I really hope English isn't your first language, but being from Nebraska I have my doubts.

Council Member
    Jedi Master

To kind of go with what Jay said, I wouldn't do an emitter shroud either, but would do the two recessed areas on the blade holder with copper metallic or sun gold PC.

If you wanted to do a shroud of some kind, I would do a sort of T shape to go in the switch area. Think of Yoda's emitter shroud, but sitting flat on the hilt with the switch at the intersection of the T. The long part of the T could go all the way along the grip, and anchor in the short section near the covertech knob.

Are you picking up what I'm laying down?

Personally I wouldn't use an emitter shroud with that design. I think it's nice the way it is, for a prequel-style lightsaber. However, since I'm a huge huge fan of layers...I would like to see some kind of grip overlay on it (like obi-wan and qui-gonn had) =P.

A Jedi gains power through understanding;
    a Sith gains understanding through power.
    Help me choose my Sith Sinktube Saber design!

Thanks folks! I will see what I can do.

As for you Jetset dont ever post in any post of mine again.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

Quote Originally Posted by JetSet View Post
    Here's what I see.

Sairon gives you an option.

You mouth off and tell him to read.

He replies saying that it was simply an OPTION for a CUSTOM saber, and that he's sorry for sounding mouthy.

You mouth off again.

I don't even care that I didn't add anything to the thread, because in my opinion if someone is trying to help, then you instantly shut them down, you're in the wrong.

And even if noone agrees with that I'm sure someone else has to wonder, like I did, how you can tell someone to read, but be completely incapable of spelling properly. I really hope English isn't your first language, but being from Nebraska I have my doubts.
    Don't we just have a nice little attitude?

Why not add SOMETHING to the topic besides hostility?

Hasid, I think that you should not cover the emitter.

I also say don't cover the emitter. Powdercoating would really add to that design, this was just a quick idea:
    I'm not anti-social, society is anti me

Saber-carying member of the FSM,
    Barfly at the Intergalactic Kegger

Quote Originally Posted by Angelus Lupus View Post
    I also say don't cover the emitter. Powdercoating would really add to that design, this was just a quick idea:
    Now THAT looks REALLY nice. If it was powdercoated that way...I don't think any shrouds at all would be necessary...

A Jedi gains power through understanding;
    a Sith gains understanding through power.
    Help me choose my Sith Sinktube Saber design!