Well, here is Master Chief in his entire pistol-whippin’ glory. A very good friend of mine sculpted this creation, and I obtained his permission to post these pictures to the public.

It should be noted that the sculptor has had NO formal training, which only makes this piece even more impressive to me. Without further adieu, here are the pics:

The piece was made entirely out of sculpey, as far as I know. All of the body parts were individually formed and heated, and were later glued together. My friend said that it was difficult to secure detailed pictures of the Mark VI armor, especially due to there being differences between the Halo 2 and Halo 3 versions. Therefore, some of these differences were incorporated into the statue as a point of humor. If you look closely, you might see some.

Finally, my friend desires to make a mold of his work and cast a few copies. He is thinking of taking a rubber mold, and using this mold to make some resin casts as tournament prizes for a local video game club. However, he fears what any type of molding process might do to the original piece: more specifically, he doesn’t know what the sculpey and glue will handle. It is therefore on this point that I ask the members of this forum: (a.) what type of mold would be preferred in this case, and (b.) what type of casting material may be used for a project like this. I will pass along any information over to the sculptor, and we’ll see where things go from there.