Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Luke's saber in ROTS?

my bet would be that it was purposefully done. In the extras for ROTS GL says they used alot of old time ships in fly-bys on Coruscant.....Flash GOrdon and others. He put them there for the fans who would enjoy seeing or finding them.
    All things a beginning have.
    As all things do an ending.
    Be not too hasty from one to the other to move, or much will you miss, along the way.

we always notice things cause we are that silly to notice them lol
    ...YUP!

@Sairon:: Then what was the black handled saber that Grievous was using?
    It definitely didn't look like Obi-Wan's ROTS or TPM.

@Tenric::
    I was not aware of that. o-o
    Looks like I'mma have to put the dvd back in.
    Again.
    "You don't stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing."
    -Benjamin Franklin

I never saw a black handled saber. I saw only silver hilts.
    New to the forum: READ, READ, READ! it's the best way not to get flamed.
    Time for a kirby dance <('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)<('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)

Quote Originally Posted by Eco View Post
    @Sairon:: Then what was the black handled saber that Grievous was using?
    It definitely didn't look like Obi-Wan's ROTS or TPM.

@Tenric::
    I was not aware of that. o-o
    Looks like I'mma have to put the dvd back in.
    Again.
    The 4 Sabers that Grevious used in RotS were, Anakin RotS, Ki Adi Mundi AotC/Rots, Obi Wan RotS and the mystery saber is.... Adi Gallia AotC/RotS...

You will also notice that if you go through slowly through the scene, the hilts swap hands constantly, as well as the blades (blue and green) swapping hilts...

Damn inconsistent that ILM company is....

That and in the Sideous Confrontation ending with the Windu duel... watch sideous' saber... IT MAGICALLY TURNS INTO AN ANAKIN ROTS!!!

it's because they needed extra stunt sabers. if you watch clips of them filming fight seens in tpm obiwan uses quigons saber.
    New to the forum: READ, READ, READ! it's the best way not to get flamed.
    Time for a kirby dance <('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)<('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)

Well, from what i heard, all of Ian McDiarmid's stunt sabers got 'broken' so he had to use one of the spare ones of Haydens.

If you meant Grievous though... that was entirely CGI, and never needed stunt hilts :P

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by mmafighter View Post
    I wanted that to happen. I told Greivous to make those sabers. He didnt "kill" any jedi. He offered jelly beans, in trade.
    ROFL!! Yeah man, jelly beans to a jedi is like a peanuts to an elephant - they'll do anything for some...

Quote Originally Posted by Alcfalath View Post
    The 4 Sabers that Grevious used in RotS were, Anakin RotS, Ki Adi Mundi AotC/Rots, Obi Wan RotS and the mystery saber is.... Adi Gallia AotC/RotS...

You will also notice that if you go through slowly through the scene, the hilts swap hands constantly, as well as the blades (blue and green) swapping hilts...

Damn inconsistent that ILM company is....

That and in the Sideous Confrontation ending with the Windu duel... watch sideous' saber... IT MAGICALLY TURNS INTO AN ANAKIN ROTS!!!

Thats really weird because I have a Sidious/Palpatine figure that has an Ani ROTS in his hand!
    Alderaan shot first.

The way I hear it, the scene was originally supposed to play out with Sidious not having a saber (versus Windu and the other Jedi), and Anakin was supposed to be present for the arrest from the very beginning (instead of barging in after all the Jedi except Windu were dead). Sidious was supposed to take Anakin's lightsaber and use it against the Jedi.

Or that could be some really terrible misinformation that I read somewhere online. Never can trust the internet...=/

A Jedi gains power through understanding;
    a Sith gains understanding through power.
    Help me choose my Sith Sinktube Saber design!