Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Luke's saber in ROTS?

Yeah, in ROTS all of Grievous's sabers were copies of other characters' sabers. It likely is just out of ILM laziness/lack-of-production-time, as his sabers in The Clone Wars are original designs.
    TCSS Red Squadron - The most kickawesome fighting force in the Galaxy.

Which Blue Luxeon is movie-accurate? Find out here.

The parts with Sidious using his own saber were reshoots.

He was suppposed to use anakins, but they changed it so they could have a fight using all 4 movie canon colours.

As for grievous, the 'official' ones he uses are Obi ROTS, Ani ROTS, Mundi AOTC & Gallia TPM, though they do change hands, blade colours, and in the case of Gallias, hilt colour.

The story being It's mundis actual saber he lost in the Clone wars cartoon, and Gallia's is her's from obsession comic when he kills her.

Other two were just reused renders from the bit on his ship.
    XBOX 360 Gamertag AdeganBlue

Being so great, the owner of these wonderful forums and attached shop has filmed how to build an MHS hilt, here's the link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm_-BQb_-eY
    Is he just great to you all?

The whole "Grievous using Obi's, Anakin's sabers" is nothing new. But I do find it funny that ILM couldn't have taken the time to at least make a couple generic hilts for Grievous to use.
    C:\Documents and Settings\Preston\My Documents\My PicturesThe cake is a lie.
    Official TCSS Noob welcomer.

Who could really go as far even to decided to use even go want to do look more like?

@Gundamaniac::
    I could definitely believe that story. Add lightsaber theft to Palpatine's naughty list.

@Barmic Rin::
    That's a great screencap, but are you sure that it's Obi's ROTS?
    The part just under the emitter is definitely gold, whereas I was under the impression that Obi's is black.
    "You don't stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing."
    -Benjamin Franklin

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Nope, you are wrong, Eco

And why do you center your text like that? It makes it harder to read.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Guys, I doubt that Lucas himself would not remember which saber Luke used so he uses it for grivous. I mean, that since its just a movie they said to themselves why not use old sabers in the newer movies.
    Darth Sequentius...Sith Lord

Bringing light to darkness.

Last I knew the obi rots saber was susposed to be green.

Quote Originally Posted by gundamaniac View Post
    The way I hear it, the scene was originally supposed to play out with Sidious not having a saber (versus Windu and the other Jedi), and Anakin was supposed to be present for the arrest from the very beginning (instead of barging in after all the Jedi except Windu were dead). Sidious was supposed to take Anakin's lightsaber and use it against the Jedi.

Or that could be some really terrible misinformation that I read somewhere online. Never can trust the internet...=/
    That sounds somewhat believable but they would of had to change how the saber that palpys has was lost in the fight and why he would have one of a completely different color(ones electrum and ones black and white and such) the next fight.

I dont know for sure so I am sticking with the fact that they already had cgi renderings of many things so they just used them to save some cash. lazy or money grubbing or whatever just think of how much cash it takes to render a completely new saber every time.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

http://www.thelightsaber.com/web/IndexFolder/index2.htm

Look for "Saber Goofs" and click on ROTS.
    Last edited by mmafighter; 01-02-2009 at 08:51 PM.

Winning the fight isn't everything. It's the only thing, and you have two options- TapouT or PassouT.
    Official Saber Concepts Saber Designer

He dosent have the section for grevious.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

Quote Originally Posted by Hasid Lafre View Post
    He dosent have the section for grevious.
    Yes he does: http://www.thelightsaber.com/web/Goo.../rotsgoofs.htm
    I'm not anti-social, society is anti me

Saber-carying member of the FSM,
    Barfly at the Intergalactic Kegger