Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Jedi Ranger...

too bad my idea i posted elsewhere about using the truck bed spray on liner from a spray can at wally world couldnt work in that situation. i use that on pvc parts, like grips and whatnot. it leaves a textured grain on the part. looks like abs molded stuff. i like that stuff for grip parts especially. and its tough too. stays on really well.

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...

Well, what if you slid on the shell, then mask it off, and then spray on the bed liner?

<center>
    http://www.members.shaw.ca/Dahak/</center>

i have done that slid the sink pipe on and then masked off the area's it worked pretty well.i wouldnt recommend it if you ever want to remove the sink pipe it would be a mess.the undercoating can get thick and stick up past the sink pipe.sometimes it can look odd and throws the whole saber off

Ah, ok. Thanks for the input!

<center>
    http://www.members.shaw.ca/Dahak/</center>

yeah that can happen, it does creep into the small cracks which would be between the parts. might be very hard to seperate again with out messing the paint job up. you would more than likely have to strip and repaint again.

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Hey JR,

On the new hilt... nice job! I can tell you keep expanding the design from one saber to the next.

2 questions:
    1# How is the EL wire secured to he grips?
    2# Why two power supplies? It seems odd as the power for a 5W is definitely in the EL appropriate range. Especially if you have it on a DPDT...
    RED LEADER Standing by!

Thanks xwingband!

1) On each rib (velley), I drilled 2 holes. 1 for the EL wire to exit the hilt, wrap around the rib, and into the other hole. Then I thread the wire up a row, and repeat the process. The BIG secret here is, that the holes are hidden under the chrome section that eventually forms the emitter shroud.

2) Well, first I'm not familiar with using voltage regulators. But more so, the 5-watt led is a huge power hog, and want each both power items as bright as possible for as long as possible. So, even when the LED power pack dies, the EL will still be going. Basically, I'll still have something to 'show off'.

I am going to be getting a larger (physically and longer-lasting) li-ion pack, and at that time, I may have to bite the bullet, and run everything off that single pack.
    This Jedi Ranger has a name....Terek Kelrune. Don't forget it.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Ahh... it looked like it was on the ridge instead of the valley.

Why would you need a voltage regulator? Most run a 5W with 9V's... that's perfect for EL... it seems logical. If you are drawing from the same pack it dies at the same time. I do agree that the EL will still be going as the LED is dead though on seperate packs.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

I'm using a 7.2v pack for the LED. This current one has about twice the life of a 9v battery. I had initially wanted to do a parellel 9v setup for the LEWD, but did not have enough room.
    This Jedi Ranger has a name....Terek Kelrune. Don't forget it.