Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Blue Fox' Saber Emporium

Quote Originally Posted by Novastar View Post
    I guess I'd better hurry up and take some good photos of the Flange III sabers.... !!!

Hmm, which one to choose, which one...
    Your light side green Flange III =P

A Jedi gains power through understanding;
    a Sith gains understanding through power.
    Help me choose my Sith Sinktube Saber design!

well you know me all too well sis, throw me in along the way somewhere lol

"During the constuction there was no doubt as to what I would name her, this saber is mine, this is Fury" - Mcich Felwind

Wow, I didn't know this would be so popular, lol. But that's okay. I'll be slow to start because I'm moving house. Packing and moving takes up time unfortunately. Mcich, you were already in line before this thread was posted, goofball.
    I am honored and surprised to see that the Venerable Novastar is interested in a render. If I'm not careful, I may get a big head and that would be un-Jedi like. J/K
    Maverick gave me some words of wisdom, which I will bear in mind.
    Some of you were curious about how I do it, and I hope this image will help shed light into what I do. The blue and yellow wireframes are the models, Yellow being the model selected. Purple represents lights. I have the blade set up much like an MR blade with almost 60 point lights in it alone. I'm sure my PC loves me (not!). Green represents the Camera(s)

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Wow! The wire frame model looks pretty cool, just by itself.

Dang, only one? *burns lightsaber pictures* Kidding. Anyway, I'll put mine up soon, but again, thanks B-Fox for doing this for us.
    C:\Documents and Settings\Preston\My Documents\My PicturesThe cake is a lie.
    Official TCSS Noob welcomer.

Who could really go as far even to decided to use even go want to do look more like?

That's some awesome work B-Fox. I'll remember this when my personal hilt is done in a handful of months (assuming you're still doing this).
    Yes, I spell it sabre. I just like it that way.

New to the hobby or LED lightsabres? CLICK HERE for a listing of the basics to get started!

Dictionary of sabre building terms

Remember kids, using Darth or Master in your user name won't make you cool.

looks like you are going to be very busy soon Blue Fox cuz i know i am interested.. but at this current point Origin is getting redesigned.. again...

so as soon as thats done i may return asking for a render because from wat i can tell... your renders are awesome...
    i just dont want to overload you with work because u already have so many to do...
    out of curiousity.. how long does it usually take to render these things?

luck!~

Anei.. out~

average render time, not including model build, is about 2-5 hrs. but thats because I've got all the bells and whistles going and I render at 1024x768

For instance, I turned this:

Into this.

I actually had to use photoshop this time for the glow. for some reason, green doesn't behave how I want it to. (Bad green lights, not biscuit).
    But there you go.

looks good, though a bit of a problem on mcich's saber the metal is grey, might want to change that
    New to the forum: READ, READ, READ! it's the best way not to get flamed.
    Time for a kirby dance <('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)<('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)

Oh.. like this?