Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Meanigs Behind the colors.

Question Meanigs Behind the colors.

I am lookign for the meaning behind the color that are put into a light saber. I saw some where that each color has its own meaning. And I am looking for the meaning behind each color. If anyone knows them please post.
    "There are no Jedi who cannot be Seduced! With time they will all Fall. Do not underestimate the Temptations of the Dark Side!"

+LordBane+

There really isn't one, though the Knights of the Old Republic game semi-stated that Green was linked to the Jedi Consular class, yellow was for Jedi Sentinels, and Blue was for Jedi Guardians.

Roughly, that means:
    Blue = lightsaber/physical attack mastery
    Green = Master force power user
    Yellow = Neutral

However, these classes don't exist anywhere other than KOTOR, and it's been shown in many cases since that Jedi often simply picked their favorite color.
    Blue and Green are by far the most common colors for jedi, with Purple being exclusive to Mace Windu. Red, of course, is exclusive to Sith.
    Outside of the films, however, any jedi can have any color, from silver to yellow. Red, however, is only very rarely used for a light-side charcater.
    TCSS Red Squadron - The most kickawesome fighting force in the Galaxy.

Which Blue Luxeon is movie-accurate? Find out here.

Ah I found it.

I think its cool. But i will let u all decide.

Blue=Associated with Depth and Stability. Its symbolizes trust, wisdom, confidence, and truth.

Orange=Reresents energy and enthusiam. It also symbolizes strenght and endurance. People with orange lightsabers are curiouse about life, and the world around them. fascination catches them at every turn, and they are creative enough to understand life's potential.

Green=It's the color of nature. It symbolizes, growth, and harmony. Green has strong emotional correspondence with saftey. It also is commonly associated with wealth and happiness, so someone with a green lightsaber is a fortunate soul.

Purple=Is associated with wisdom, dignity, independence, creativity, and mystery. It denotes high spirituality and religiuos aspiration. it represents Peac and Purification. Also has a sense of intuitive understanding and a feeling of intimacy with the world.

Yellow=the color of honor and loyalty. It symbolizes caution and forbodong in either direction of the blade, meaning that the owner is relativly cautious...but also to be cautious of them. Since yellow stand for Honor as well as Cowerdice, One should always think before attacking somone with the yellow saber.

Red=Is the color of fire and blood, so it is associated with energy, war, danger, strenght, power, and determination as well as passion and desire. You have seen the strenght and power of the dark side and u have an un-quenchable thirst for more.
    "There are no Jedi who cannot be Seduced! With time they will all Fall. Do not underestimate the Temptations of the Dark Side!"

+LordBane+

Leia had a red saber for a while.

It's unconfirmed the rumour that luke's Dark empire saber he built under the emperor was a deep orange. I guess there's always an exception to the rule....
    XBOX 360 Gamertag AdeganBlue

Being so great, the owner of these wonderful forums and attached shop has filmed how to build an MHS hilt, here's the link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm_-BQb_-eY
    Is he just great to you all?

well according to EU info from Wookiepedia, ancient jedi used blades of every hue, however began to shun the use of red sabers after the schism which led to the founding of the sith.

up until the new sith wars they continued to use many different focusing crystals and thus ended up with many different blade colors. The new sith wars ended with the battle of Russan which led to the Russan reformation where the jedi took on the role that they played up until the clone wars, at this time they began to standardize the crystals they used, while there was no prohibition against the use of non standard crystals, it seems that most jedi used blue or green crystals from illum.

If anyone asks, i'll use that explanation for my nieces pink one, DDGuy. LOL!!!

Being so great, the owner of these wonderful forums and attached shop has filmed how to build an MHS hilt, here's the link:

I know this explanation of colours isn't official, but I like the meanings. Yellow seems to fit, which is odd, because I'd never have thought I'd end up going for a yellow blade.
    I'm not anti-social, society is anti me

Saber-carying member of the FSM,
    Barfly at the Intergalactic Kegger

I thought you were going green... Show's how long i've been waiting for you to finish yours! LOL!! Lup, we'll sort that meet soon, promise!!!

I like the explanations, though it doesn't take into account Silver, White, Cyan or shades of colours.
    I wanna see the explanation for the near black-blue Aleema Rar has besides "makes you want to go abit nutty & talk to giant bugs whilst preaching a twisted 'universal balance' logic".

Quote Originally Posted by Barmic Rin View Post
    I thought you were going green...
    You saying I'm going mouldy?
    Seriously though, Ithought I was going green when I first started. I think I'm going to have to have more than one saber so I have the choice. I might save the yellow for the mostly MHS personal design I'm cooking up.
    I'm not anti-social, society is anti me

Saber-carying member of the FSM,
    Barfly at the Intergalactic Kegger

PM sent in 2 min.