Thread: yoda saber

Default yoda saber

is there a tutorial on how to take apart the yoda saber anywhere? There is something that is rattling inside the saber under the blade between the battery compartment and were the blade slides into the emitter.

Quote Originally Posted by The One View Post
    is there a tutorial on how to take apart the yoda saber anywhere? There is something that is rattling inside the saber under the blade between the battery compartment and were the blade slides into the emitter.
    The rattling sound is the tilt switches that are used for detecting swings
    Last edited by Malaki Skywalker; 12-26-2008 at 02:07 PM.

I don't know...

If your NEW to TCSS READ HERE!! >>>>> http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...d=1#post108682

Council Member
    Sith Lord

There's nothing to fix. It is the motion sensor, it makes noise.
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

its the clash sensor and if you (fix it you will lose clash effect) the yoda is a little to small to be fiddlen with right now with a whole lot and i mean(a crap load of custom parts)plus last i heard in order to get everything out you will destroy your clash sensor you know (the rattling thing) so good luck i have a yoda and i want to convert also but its just not viable right now but unless you are some good sabersmith with a few conversions under your belt a wise man once told me "Try tinkering with another saber first" but if you do good luck and may the force be with you

Default thanks

thank you for all your help it still makes the clash noise power up and down and hum so I thought it was something else sorry

Quote Originally Posted by wallflores1469@aol.com View Post
    its the clash sensor and if you (fix it you will lose clash effect) the yoda is a little to small to be fiddlen with right now with a whole lot and i mean(a crap load of custom parts)plus last i heard in order to get everything out you will destroy your clash sensor you know (the rattling thing) so good luck i have a yoda and i want to convert also but its just not viable right now but unless you are some good sabersmith with a few conversions under your belt a wise man once told me "Try tinkering with another saber first" but if you do good luck and may the force be with you
    As far as I know the part about 'destroying the clash sensor' is pretty false, considering I've taken apart 4 yoda's recently. However, it is true that there is a clash or motion sensor on the led ladder thing, the other one is on the board. (not sure which is which but it really doesn't matter.) You can take apart a yoda just fine, and there were pictures floating around in a link somewhere, but I've lost it since once you've done it you really don't need them again. There is a pin opposite of the black screw near the top that you have to DRILL out, and that is the only part that you'll 'destroy' assuming you don't mess up drilling.

True that there is no conversion kit for Yoda due to the size of the saber, however if you're looking for a sound board to put into a custom saber the Yoda one isn't bad because it's neatly packaged inside a very small black tube (like the other MR sabers, but quite a bit smaller obviously.)

I don't remember what wire goes to where, but you only have to clip the positive and negative and rerout it to your new led, and you'll keep all of the functionality of the clash and motion.