Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Combo weapons?

Lightbulb Combo weapons?

Just wondering if any one out there ever considered reviving an old earth traditition of combining powder and blade, or in this case blaster and blade?
    What I'm wanting to do is build a Sith saber with a little surprise in the hilt.
    blade on one end and blaster on the other. I know it's more to pack in a hilt, just looking for opinions ,ideas, been done before, ect. Thanks in advance for any help

gunblades have been made in the past, a new knife has a coceiled 45 caliber weapon in the handle, yes the world has done many things like this. though I don't know hough you would want do it exactly, if you put the barrel in the pommel(might cause sound problems unless you put the spoeaker near the balde holder) and if it is going to be a blaser put a 1 watt led in it or a couple accent leds, for sound there is erv's blaster core and those cheapy walmart blasters.
    Last edited by Sairon; 12-26-2008 at 11:29 AM.
    New to the forum: READ, READ, READ! it's the best way not to get flamed.
    Time for a kirby dance <('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)<('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)

Thanks for the reply ,I knew of weapons like this in real life (if that is what you want to call this ha ha ha) I was kind of hoping against hope I might have come up with something new saber wise ,dont get to look around much always stuck in the rut of "real life" I know the basics of how to construct but advise is always welcome

I was thinking about using a blade holder as a pommel to mount the LED for the blaster that way , the sound is still what gets me I would prefer not to drill holes in the hilt if I dont have to

if you pust a render of your hilt I may be able to fix this sound problem.
    Time for a kirby dance <('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)<('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)

I've been working on a Tonfa style saber, and something like this seems perfect for it since you'll already have a pseudo gun handle.

okay, the thing I think you could do is put the speaker is behind the t part next to the barrel of the blaster and drill holes for the speaker. if you are going crome for this saber, you could get some aluminium duct tape from home depot to cover up the drill holes but the tape is thin enough to let sound out.
    Last edited by Sairon; 12-29-2008 at 11:01 AM.

What I'm thinking about is not so much blaster with saber attached but saber with straightline blaster in a slightly longer hilt,just a little surprise for the Jedi who's made their way on to your list.

-----------------------------------------------------
    blaster
    end

------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by Darth Evicerous; 12-29-2008 at 11:01 AM. Reason: mistake in sketch

yeah, I get what you mean, got a render?

Just ask this guy about his one:

LOL!!!

If you're after the straight handled style, there was a fanfilm with one (contract of evil I believe) take a look on theforce.net for it
    XBOX 360 Gamertag AdeganBlue

Being so great, the owner of these wonderful forums and attached shop has filmed how to build an MHS hilt, here's the link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm_-BQb_-eY
    Is he just great to you all?