Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: LED sink tube holders

Default LED sink tube holders

Did I miss the LED sink tube blade holders or was I accidently looking at EL holders in stock? Not the MHS ones, just the set screw blade holder.

Could have been the EL holders, I seem to recall that there was an odd plug installed on the base instead of a heat sink.

Or I could just be losing my mind...[]

Nyow!
    /
    =^o^=

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Yeah, there are still EL sink tube holders. Tim has switched to having the adapter and machining the modular holders down instead of stocking two LED holders.

<center>Read the FAQ or x-wing won't be happy.
    Before posting did you check the Thread Index?

</center>

so the 1.5" sink tube blade holders under EL hilts, can you use those for led and do they hold a 1" blade or 3/4"?

i think i just answered my own question, but it looks like it won't have a heat sink so i guess they won't work. I can't find a sink tube blade holder for led without having to use the adaptor.

Ryma Mara

Yes from what I gather if you plan on using any of these hilt parts you need the sink tube adapter.

If ou go with blade holder style 1 it has a heat sink on it, other wise the heat sink is attached to the led.

This is a good pic of what iam talking about.

http://thecustomsa.web133.discountas...opic.php?t=340

I only know just a little bit of the info here and theres alot to go thru.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Yup, you need the adapter to hold the heatsink up there. The original version of the plain sink tube holder was like the conversions where the heatsink was bolted on but Tim stopped making it them. The floating heatsink is a much better solution.

If ou go with blade holder style 1 it has a heat sink on it, other wise the heat sink is attached to the led.
    I don't get what you mean by that... any of the holders comes with a heatsink. They all work the same way, that's what makes them modular and swappable.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

Ryma Mara

oh, I thought I read somewhere that the style one was the only one with a heatsink on it.

ok so if i use blade holder style 1 i'll have to use the sink tube adapter?

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

If you use any of the emitters you'll need the adapter for a 1.5" sink tube.
    RED LEADER Standing by!