Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: advice needed....

Default advice needed....

I'm going to get a CF card and i had some questions about it....

#1 should i get a Momentary switch? i have a holding switch already. i was just wondering if it would be better to get a Momentary.

#2 how do you wire up the kill plug?

#3 do i only need 1 aux button to do all the force/blaster/lock-up sounds? or do i need more?

alright thanks! i just want to know what i need before i get started.

I can answer 1 and 3 1 is whatever you want it's a personal choice though I would go with latching 3 you only need one aux switch.
    New to the forum: READ, READ, READ! it's the best way not to get flamed.
    Time for a kirby dance <('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)<('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)

Jedi Council Member vortextwist's Avatar

All that you ask is in the CF pdf file, download it and read it, over and over again before you even try to wire the thing.
    I hate to bring out the viking but you leave me no choice.

BLUE 3- Ready

#1) You can use either switch, it’s personal preference. You just have to set it up in the config file with the one you are using.

#2) You basically wire up a kill plug the same way as a switch. Just tap it into the power wire. Instead of pushing a button, when the plug is in it breaks the connection.

#3) As others have said, you only need one aux switch. Basically, you’ll need 3 switches total. (1) on/off – momentary or latching - (1) Aux – momentary and (1) power interrupt kill switch – latching or a kill plug.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

He doesn't have a CF board yet. He thought he was going to go over to Plecter Labs and just order one.

The website is kind of deceiving, if you're not in the know, because it makes it look like they are in stock. It's not till you put one in your cart, then go look in it that you see they are out of stock.

That doesn't mean he can't start studying about it now, though.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Jedi Council Member vortextwist's Avatar

[QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Logan Cade View Post
    #2) You basically wire up a kill plug the same way as a switch. Just tap it into the power wire. Instead of pushing a button, when the plug is in it breaks the connection.
    A regular on/off latching yes you can. A recharge/kill plug, No.
    read
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...ead.php?t=2235

download and read
    http://www.plecterlabs.com/catalog/a...articles_id=53

BLUE 3- Ready

thanks guys! that helps alot!

sorry about the whole thing about me thinking they were in stock.... i was confused. im still a padawan learning my way through. so thanks for the help. y'all have always been nice and willing to help!

yo it's okay, we all make mistakes
    New to the forum: READ, READ, READ! it's the best way not to get flamed.
    Time for a kirby dance <('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)<('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)

I see what Vortextwist is saying.

To reiterate, if you’re looking for just a plug type kill switch that cuts the power when the plug is installed, you would use a normally closed audio phone jack as the kill switch

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi-Loreen View Post
    The website is kind of deceiving, if you're not in the know, because it makes it look like they are in stock. It's not till you put one in your cart, then go look in it that you see they are out of stock....
    The quantity says "0"... I don't know if that's "deceiving", but... well, the reason for CF to even show up is so that people can easily go check the specifications and understand what it's all about.

Although... I *WILL* say that Erv's main page could be deceiving. The one that is the huge graphic with the girl and the switch... I've had at least a half dozen people tell me they visit the site and then say "there's nothing there". lol
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide