Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: greetings

Default greetings

hello all, my name is jym. i currently reside in ohio with my wife and 3 kids. i am 32 and have loved star wars since i saw it in the theatres when i was a kid. i have known about the force fx sabers for a while but just recently got one(vader e.s.b.). now im on the lookout for a dueling saber. i was refered here from force fx forums in my hunt for a saber i can battle my kids with. hope to meet new people and have some good star wars cenversations (while finally landing a saber to duel with). well i have browsed the forum and dont see a buy/sell/trade section. does this forum not support member sales? could someone point me in the right direction for a decent used, first dueling saber? im not looking for a top dollar, unused dueling saber. just something for fun to possibly urge me to build my own. i also have references such as ebay and quite a bit of business in the rc (radio controlled car/truck) community. i am a registered paypal user also.
    Last edited by jym; 12-23-2008 at 06:51 AM.

Well, the place to find/buy a saber here would be the store attached to this forum. Other than that we respect the owner's wishes and don't sell on his forum.

What you will find here are tons of ideas on how to build your own saber. Good luck. Welcome to the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by vargose View Post
    Well, the place to find/buy a saber here would be the store attached to this forum. Other than that we respect the owner's wishes and don't sell on his forum.

What you will find here are tons of ideas on how to build your own saber. Good luck. Welcome to the forum.
    awesome, thanks. makes sense to as why i couldnt find sell/trade thread lol. i guees i will look into a custom job from the shop. thanks again for the quick reply.

jym

Quote Originally Posted by vargose View Post

well i shopped around the shop and dont see any complete dueling sabers. any pointers or do i have to go through and pick and choose every wire and screw for the saber? any suggestions on which type to choose for dueling? or where to buy COMPLETE dueling sabers?

You can recieve help by reading some threads about building your saber. Thats always the first best idea. Then if you don't understand, you can ask around. I'm sure people will help you, just first read up on some information. Aside that, welcome to the forum. Just rember, don't advertise other stores, sites here (Selling wise). Be nice, and have fun.
    C:\Documents and Settings\Preston\My Documents\My PicturesThe cake is a lie.
    Official TCSS Noob welcomer.

Who could really go as far even to decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Welcome to the forums.

As for a dueling saber, if you still want it to light up, then look here.

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...hread.php?t=20

Some of the parts are different since this is an older tutorial, but the concepts are what matter. And if you don't want to light it up and just have something to duel with, then just don't put the electronics in it.

Hope that helps and that you have fun with your family.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Preston View Post
    You can recieve help by reading some threads about building your saber. Thats always the first best idea. Then if you don't understand, you can ask around. I'm sure people will help you, just first read up on some information. Aside that, welcome to the forum. Just rember, don't advertise other stores, sites here (Selling wise). Be nice, and have fun.
    thanks alot. im pretty sure i can build one (i build multi-million dollar pharmaceudical presses and encapsulating machines). ui would just like to buy them in one shot. assembled or not. plus i noticed alot of parts in the shop here are out of stock. ill post some pics of my jango/boba inspired rc car paint jobs