Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Lord Maul's "Spectra" (RGB MHS w/ CF)

Council Member
    Sith Lord

She's done. After 32 months from my first TCSS order for this saber, I bring you

SPECTRA

The colors in Spectra are the order of colors on the rotary switch :dft012:

I didn't take pictures of every color, as the blending was right for a lot of them. The red LED is the one at the 'top' of the triangle, so it doesn't get a good view of the optics. As such, the purple is a bit blue and the orange is basically all green. Oh well, I really just wanted the red, green, and blue features.
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

Great saber Lord Maul...and an inspiring build log...BRAVO!

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Thanks Onli Won

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

LM that ended up looking great.
    I'M JUST A SPY(LOL)

Hey LM. The wirework on this is awesome. Do you have a pics of the led wiring, I'd love to see how you've done that.

Also looking at the BDC switch there are only 4 wires, 3 go to the CC led and one goes to the main led, is this right?. If so, is the wire that goes to the main led the positive which is then spliced to go to the positives on the main led with the negatives from the main led going to the board????
    Obi-Wan: "If you spent as much time practicing your saber techniques as you did your wit, you'd rival Master Yoda as a swordsman"

Anakin: " I thought I already did"

Obi-Wan: "Only in your mind, my very young apprentice"

Brilliant build Maul. A 'bar raising' saber. I was of the understanding that the CF board detects LED voltage on boot. how does this effect booting on green and then switching to Red? Did you have to overcome problems like this?

Well..... did you fire 5 or 6? (I gots to know!)

Different resistors?

Neat!

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by Invisas1979 View Post
    Hey LM. The wirework on this is awesome. Do you have a pics of the led wiring, I'd love to see how you've done that.

Also looking at the BDC switch there are only 4 wires, 3 go to the CC led and one goes to the main led, is this right?. If so, is the wire that goes to the main led the positive which is then spliced to go to the positives on the main led with the negatives from the main led going to the board????
    The wires from the BDC switch are set up as 3 positives and one negative. Those leads get spliced in two, each LED has its own 4 wire quick connect.

Clockwork, I haven't had any problems yet.

Thanks for the compliments guys.