Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: EvilDean's first.

Default EvilDean's first. UPDATE! 26/5/09

Update=scroll down.. read the sweet talk 'bout the old version first

After visiting the forums daily since this spring i've been wanting to make a mhs saber for awhile now, but school and no job makes it hard to get the money for it, fooled around in saberbuilder, not pleased at all, then i remembered my old hilt.

well... no mhs parts at all. the hilt is old as hell, i did it awhile back just to have a prop, and something to hold on to while me and my friends fooled around.

the parts are just random things from a vacumcleaner, cheap and good ;P
    i went for the "old, used and battledamaged" -look i guess.
    and that saber turned out to be just my style for some reason(graflex-ish design i guess)
    so, right now it's basically a mr obi gutted and put into a vaccumhoose (1.25" OD, having batteryproblem at he moment ><) haha
    green lux3 later, don't really have time or money right now.

enough babbling, here are the pics.. phonecamera ftw (notice the beautiful weathering by a younger me)

obi speaker

anyways... im new, unexperienced and live in sweden.
    Last edited by EvilDean; 05-25-2009 at 03:50 PM.

I personally like it when people just throw something together with what they have laying around. Hell that's what Luke, Corran and I'm sure a ton of other jedi did. Well done
    wsoFB by Nathan Barnes, on Flickr

Council Member
    Sith Lord

You did it totally old school. A LED saber built with found parts. Great job
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

thx, i'll post better pics when green lux3 and a proper batterypack is installed.. that's when it gets intresting

Council Member
    Sith Lord

OLD SCHOOL! that is sweeeeeeeeet!
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

Awesome first post. Looking forward to those new pics.

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Great Job. Old school designs are sometimes the best. I love when someone can take something they did moons ago, and upgrade it. Shows growth.

We shall watch your career with great interest.

This is a very fine showing. If you can get more pictures, I think we'd all love to see them.
    Yes, I spell it sabre. I just like it that way.

New to the hobby or LED lightsabres? CLICK HERE for a listing of the basics to get started!

Dictionary of sabre building terms

Remember kids, using Darth or Master in your user name won't make you cool.

Well, finally*!
    *finally i get around to post some updates that is

if you read the first post i said green lux3, well.. i went sith, red-o lux3

Here's some phone pics (i''ll try to borrow a real camera this week)
    if you want som details, well, i'll edit this post tomorrow (it's over midnight here in sweden)

Just love this pic.. anakin aotc/vader anh (ill tell the story about that tomorrow)

here is just a little black and white jedi.. my kitten loves my sabers(yes, saberS)

quick comparison to a anh vader (see the resemblanse, and yes, ill respell this tomorrow, and you'll understand then ) VERY low batteries in mine, and newly charged in the vader ><

some randoms:

(yay, uplit controlbox)

and the hilt unlit:

(yes, that is indeed a " - " from a keyboard )

BUT
    what the f.. am i supposed to use as a pommel?
    hilt is a random vacuumhoose(the metalpart) ~1.25"OT
    all suggestions are welcome and needed :P

EDIT: ey, can some one PLEASE pm and take a photo of a ani aotc LE next to a vader anh FX? wanna see the size difference, my goal is to make a cheap good-enough replica on my own just for the feeling of making your own. i made a quick search on fx-sabers, but i think i overlooked it :/
    Last edited by EvilDean; 05-25-2009 at 04:18 PM. Reason: brainfreeze? i dunno sry :P
    //j