Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Yoda & N-Star: Demo for 100 Cub Scouts

Default Yoda & N-Star: Demo for 100 Cub Scouts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXwsHckV43M

My camera either ran out of tape and/or was shut off during the actual demo where we literally took each individual kid and did 15+ moves with them... so I'm hoping that another camera that was running (owned by the hosts/cub scout leaders) caught some stuff and I'll be sent that footage.

I *THINK* some of the 501st folks were there earlier in the day, but... I'm not for sure on that, since Yoda and I showed up in the evening.

Enjoy!
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

that's awesome, I remember being in the scouts, we did some cool stuff in my group but nothing quite that cool!

Way Cool! I keep seeing videos like this where someone takes a group of kids and does this for them and it makes me sooooooo jealous! I never got anything anywhere near that cool! Anyways, very good job.
    n00bies start here, PLEASE!!! Thread Index

Co-founder of Pencil Busters, Inc.
    PBI Forum Admin
    PBI Homepage
    PBI Forum

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Bravissimo Paisano!
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

Wow, those tykes were really into your demo!
    It's great to see you two a) promoting the Saber Order, and b) doing something the community appreciates.

I'll bet a CF board that at least one of those scouts becomes a saber builder someday!
    "You don't stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing."
    -Benjamin Franklin

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Tykes are little kids.

Some of those looked like actual Boy Scouts, too, not just Cub Scouts.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Exactly, Jedi Lori... there were indeed a handful of "older" scouts there--but the majority were the "cubs" not so much the... uh... "bears"? :d

I still do not have the video from the host (and I don't know how much or how little was captured)... but I can tell you all... Yoda and I were on FIRE--it was probably the best demo I've ever done... but not because of the "moves" or location or whatever... it was the GROUP ENERGY! I mean, I had them laughing... had them getting excited... had them joking around about things... and even got some of the more "timid" ones to break out of their shells of "worrying that they wouldn't be good" and just go for it.

I'm *HELLA* praying that the other captured video got some of this awesome energy. If not though... I'll just have to hope another demo comes along where every kid is "in the zone" with things and it all moves like magic...

At the end of it all... I was DRIPPING in sweat, very tired (long drive to Sac as it is + taught classes all AM and PM and drove straight there)... and man did all my muscles ache.

Besides, Friday (the day before)... was LoopKicks, so I got my ARSE handed to me!!!

Han: "Easy?!? Ya call that 'easy'??"

Yoda said he had a throng of fun too! That was one of the best parts... he was all smilin' and laughin' about it, hahahaha
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Nice Vid Novastar, it is awesome what you do for the saber community and those kids.

On a side note, where did you get the cool Castlevania remixes for the background music?

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS

Glad you noticed those! I've been playing around searching for fun and unique music in general... and you can find a lot of great stuff on Y-tube. Lots of talented folks "covering" stuff in an entirely new way.

If you like, I've made MANY C-Vania remixes by using several different people's stuff to make awesome hybrids and... well you'd just have to hear it... let me know if you want some of the MP3s.

I might end up doing more "vids" like these anyhow...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2Y43qGnAlI
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzR_MlT7Lzs

I made a few more from a game called "Ys"... mainly using some music from this SUPER talented guy who goes by "patpend". Good stuff.

In the past, my Indiana Jones theme on the NSCFCD vid came from "ClouxCloux" (check his stuff out!).

Gonna have to try and make it over to the computer lab to watch that when I get finished with this 24-hour shift nonsense.

But having worked with Cub Scouts and Boy Scouts for waaaay longer than I want to contemplate, and having been both myself, well, Nova, my hat's off to you for that.

(Lightsaber demo in front of 100 Cubbies? The mind boggles.)