Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Modular Hilt Systems

mhs parts, o rings, sink tube, handlebar grip, and guts from a MR Vader

I call it Promethean.

changes to mine this week. thanks to jonitus for the inspiration:

My three, Red & Blue are due to be sand blasted & red is getting claw mount & red o-ring grips.
    Will snap afew more pics of my Imp Knight for (I believe) Ti-Ell.
    XBOX 360 Gamertag AdeganBlue

Being so great, the owner of these wonderful forums and attached shop has filmed how to build an MHS hilt, here's the link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm_-BQb_-eY
    Is he just great to you all?

My first MHS saber.
    "I cannot change the past. I meant to do good. But the dark side is slippery, as you yourself should know. I tried to hide. I tried to die. And finally, I tried to atone." - Ulic Qel-Droma

My first MHS saber. It has a blade holder #8, ribbed section, double female w/ milled slots, and grip dividers. A 34" blade, 10 degree optics, 3 watt Royal Blue, and a 4aaa battery holder. One of my MR Obi Wan's sacrificed it's, control box pommel, and sound card.

Nice saber Er Dan Gill.

I built up one similar, though without the box, T-grips or brass sections. It's a #8 emitter, ribbed section,
    dual female slotted section and the new MPS pommel. I added carbon fiber details between the dividers
    and around the neck. There's also O rings on the ribbed section, a covertech knob and a short piece of
    T-grip behind a slide switch.
    This particular one is using a 5 watt cyan. At C4, this one had an Anakin FX board driving a white K2.
    I wouldn't mind eventually having an Ultra board in this.

I had another MHS saber at C4. It was a red/orange saber staff. I just had Ace do some custom machining
    on the center section. He added recharge ports, some extra grooves and 3 slots for either sound or a lit
    crystal. Here's what it looked like before. I've since blown out the LEDs screwing around with battery pack
    configurations/voltages:

I don't have the center section yet, but here's a shot of it Ace sent me. I'm going to put black paint in the grooves I think:

The staff runs on two separate battery packs (each a 3300mAh Li-Ion setup). I enclosed the C cell sized Li-Ion inside a vented
    copper sleeve and hooked everything up to that. It's a nice modular setup:

Note, there's a 10,000 mcd 5 mm LED hooked up to light up a central crystal chamber that you'll see through the center slots.

Here's the crystal chamber:

And finally, here's the finished saber:

Corbin

Got my one back from the powder coaters today:
    Orange isn't finished yet.
    Blue with Extension is mine.
    Red is for my bro.
    Shorter blue is for a friend.

And with open curtains:

Closer shot of the hilts:
    XBOX 360 Gamertag AdeganBlue

Being so great, the owner of these wonderful forums and attached shop has filmed how to build an MHS hilt, here's the link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm_-BQb_-eY
    Is he just great to you all?

Well, I've finally reached the final stages of the cosmetics for this saber. It's currently got a green K2 straight of 4 AAA's.

My Hilt uses an LED blade holder style 4, MHS ribbed extension v-grooved,
    Double threaded hilt style 4, Double ended male threaded connector, MR Luke pommel, 1-3/16" ID O-ring's, Luxeon V Star - Royal Blue, UltraSound, Premium Speaker, 6AA Battery Holder, and craft foam for grips.