Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Modular Hilt Systems

Default MHS w/K2

Emitter #8, ribbed "v-grooved" extension, 2.5" extension, double fem connector, pommel #3, Tim's stock Blade, Royal Blue K2, no sound yet.

My latest saber. I wanted to go with an "ignited by the force" model so there isnt an activation switch on the hilt. The blade length button is actually one of Tim's copper ones, using a textured black paint.

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o...SithSaber2.jpg
    http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o...SithSaber1.jpg
    http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o...SithSaber5.jpg
    http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o...SithSaber6.jpg

Forgot....3 watt red, Tim's blade, Hasbro sound, ignition in pommel

edit: replaced black copper button with a red anodized knurly......looks much better I think.

MHS with brass activation plate overlay, Green 3 watt Luxeon, with Corbin's driver, Hasbro sound, and Tim's stock blade.

My 3rd MHS saber. 1 watt green, Anakin ROTS clamp with Luke slider switch, MR Luke sound board, "fiber optic" blade. Pic taken in a semi-lit room.

My MHS version of the ROTJ Luke saber.
    Specs can be found here.

Powder coated finish.

"J-Plugs" used for easy alterations and repairs.

Key is needed for oporation.
    (This "Key" will be replaced with something better as soon as I come up with it...)

10/32 Set screw to hold the blade in.

Charged using the same port as the Key.
    Read the Thread Index. because Lord Maul fixed it...

I have made a semi-major upgrade to my hilt. I have changed to the HMS main hilt section number 4 and the luke pommel. The full MR sound package is still in it with the blue LED. The color scheme is now Copper and Bronze. I like the overall effect better than my first effort.

Blue Two

"Destroy the Sith we must!"
    "If so powerful you are, why leave?"
    Master Yoda

Visit the Carolina Saber Academy

Default 5 Watt MHS Hilt w/ Light-Up Bubble Strip

Here is my latest MHS upgrade. All hilt pieces are made using MHS parts except Luke pommel bought here and a couple of pieces from an FX Mace to add some gold color. Custom graflex-style clamp with a light-up bubble strip. The light-up strip has it's own button (as seen in the pics) so it can be turned on and off independently of the saber. Inside it has a 5 Watt Blue LED (bin is close to Royal Blue) powered by a 9 volt battery that is also powering the LED Bubble Strip. It's also got a Darth Maul sound card and speaker wired to a 4AAA battery pack. Everything is a pretty tight fit. Hilt is about 11 1/2 inches long.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Green K2 Luxeon resistor driven on 4AAA, vibrating motor and power level indicator on the box. Pommel switch (not seen in that pic) is the Lux and the box switch controls motor and PLI.

Gone through lots of plans with this saber. In the end K.I.S.S.

Selling it to fund other projects. Just monkeying around... doing a combo I haven't done before. Trying things (started as smallest MHS possible)...

Hope you enjoy.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

Here it is, finally. Just in time for C4, my long awaited MHS saber, the hilt measures at just under 12 inch, it has 3w quick change. (I have 4 colors i can change out), MR Anakin sound, and some beautiful custom pieces by Tim. The grip is made from an extremely strong poster tube that I dremeled, sanded and plastidipped.

RED 7 Standing by...

Blade Holder #2
    Hilt #1
    M-M Connector
    F-F with slots
    Pommel #3
    covertec button