Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Thread: Modular Hilt Systems

My first saber; designed to look simple, functional, and well-used. Wired with a Nano Biscotte.

Well you've certainly fulfilled your brief. Excellent work, very nice etching oh, and welcome to the forums.

What Darth Nurse said.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."

Thanks guys. ARKM, a lot of credit goes to your saltwater etching tutorial, which was my inspiration and reference. Thank you for putting that together.

Thanks. I'm glad you found it useful.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."

Very nice. The etching is great. I just did my first etch today, not as good as I had hoped but not too bad. I love the fact that there are no boxes etc. on the saber, as I find they catch my (numbing) fingers. Love the subtle detail painting. Very good first saber. I assume you are thinking of upgrading to a Prizm sound board as you have a pommel insert for recharge port and RICE port. Are you going to move the recharge port back to the pommel or leave it where it is?
    With the Blast Shield down I can't even see.. how am I supposed to fight

Thanks Sloda! When buying parts for my first saber, I was originally looking for a higher-spec sound board, but I jumped on the first one I could get my hands on. Now that I've put it together, I don't think the ports would fit between the end of the pommel I chose and the speaker anyway, so I'll leave it as is or replace the speaker grille on the pommel next time I place an order.

I learned a lot for my second build, which is going to be driven by a Crystal Focus

Here's my mhs saber with some simple modifications and a red day blade

Nice. Is that the choke long piece?
    "Your move!" -Obi-wan kenobi-