Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Modular Hilt Systems

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

Default Modular Hilt Systems

Post MHS saber pics here. Any posts with text besides a brief description will be deleted.

Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

This one is nothing special, but it is a good depiction of Stock TCSS parts. It’s just too bad that the new ribbed sections and emitter designs came out after I ordered.

This is an LED MHS Starter kit with the “Heiland head piece replica”.
    I drilled the holes in the pommel for the speaker from a “Hasbro Obi Wan with The Force” sound board. I had to trim the sides of the speaker to fit into the hilt, and it fits perfectly into the hilt up to the end of the treads. So I used some black electrical tape to keep the Pommel from crushing the speaker.

Have you read your Thread Index today?
    FAQ
    Official Designated TCSS Jester!

Here is my latest LED MHS hilt. I'd like to publicly thank Tim for the custom work he was gracious enough to do for me - small v-grooves in a hilt section and a standard extension section.

I installed a 3W "Royal Blue" LED.

Main (exterior) parts: MHS main hilt (style #1), MHS extension (style #1), MHS LED emitter (style #1), MHS pommel (style #1), and a severely dremeled section of chrome 1.5" sink pipe.

The comparison shot is with an unmodded Ep.III Anakin MR FFX. Cameras aren't very good at properly capturing ignited lightsabers. [][V] The MR-FX isn't that bright, and the LED is much more evenly lit. Oh well.

<center>
    http://www.members.shaw.ca/Dahak/</center>

Ultra Saber S5 modified by customer
    White Luxeon V with yellow filter, customer said it's brighter than any of her 3watt sabers even with the filter. No thermal issues with TCSS MHS hilt.

http://www.ultrasabers.com
    Corbin|Strydur|Ultra
    The Holy Luxeon Trinity

My first saber. mhs kit with 2.5" extension

Here's my MHS w/ a green 5w Luxeon. I'm currently using a 6v pack to power it, so I expect it to get a little brighter w/ more juice. [] *MR Luke is the in these pics for comparison.

medium light
    Last edited by Lord Maul; 12-24-2008 at 12:36 AM. Reason: removed broken image

1 watt Luxeon cyan (looks green to me) with a Micropuck led driver powered by 2 AA batteries. The hilt is a mhs tappered blade holder with a allen screw to hold the blade and a mhs ribbed section then a section of sink tube and a ribbed mhs pommel. The blade is poly carbonate 1 inch diameter 40 incles long with cordin's double wrap blade film. Picture of blade was taken during normal lighting in the room.

<center></center>
    <center><font color="red"><font size="4"><font face="Comic Sans MS">Darth Technous Sith Lord</font id="Comic Sans MS"></font id="size4"></font id="red"></center>
    <center><font color="red"><font size="4"><font face="Comic Sans MS">Give yourself to the Dark Side</font id="Comic Sans MS"></font id="size4"></font id="red"></center>

My first of many...

**MHS, BlueLux3w LED,Emitter8, Ribbed Ext., M/F and F/F sections, pommel5, O-rings, 38" blade

You don't need to see any identification.

**Updated, Per Mi Gin Gonn's Request!** [][8D]

**added non-functioning[] Led accent to hilt near switch, quickchange 38" blade

You don't need to see any identification.