Thread: mr shock sensor

Arrow mr shock sensor

does anyone know weather it is possible to replace a damaged Ani-ROTS shock sensor, with a joe jedi shock sensor
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Council Member
    Sith Lord

lol, yes!
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

Absolutely. Seeing as how they are the exact same part, from the exact same company, doing the exact same duty.

In the same vein i received a broken MRFX Maul, the blade was missing which included the sensor, can I get this replaced for cheaply?

The shock sensors in MRs are basically little springs that complete a circuit/connection when metal touches metal. Although the wiring is specific to itself (duh), once you figure that out, it can be done any number of ways.

Basically, just a "digital" sensor. On or off. Nothing in between.
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

ive heard that mr yoda cannot be gutted without destoying the clash sensor, un less you drill the pin in the front which can be tricky has anyone ever suceeded at gutting a yoda. I know Tims done it at least once but I dont think Id be able to do it with out ruining the clash sensor
    "These aren't the droids your looking for."

Well, Yoda on the FX-sabers forum converted one.

http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=7167.0

You could probably ask him. Worth a shot eh.

I have done several MR Yoda sabers, the shock sensor is the same one used in the other sabers it is just mounted different. You have to be careful removing it. You also can replace a broken or missing MR shock sensor with one out of a Hasbro saber.
    ;

Do-Clo Custom Sabers
    http://doclocustomsabers.com/
    Replica Prop Artist

Hello Do Clo. I know this reply might be a little late.

When you mean, "You also can replace a broken or missing MR shock sensor with one out of a Hasbro saber. " Did you mean the cheap Hasbro Force Action Lightsabers that are out now?

I am in the process of building my first lightsaber and I am thinking about gutting an MR Yoda.

if you dont fubar the sensor in the Yoad when gutting it..you wont have to worryabout it..LOL

but from what I gather.. a sensor is a sensor.. it is a ball or nail/spring type of device...that completes a connection/circuit..