Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: MR with clash.

Default MR with clash.

Well I thought I would post this here as well as over at JSS and FX-Sabers.

This is still a work in progress, when it is done I will post a full tutorial for all.
    yes the board is resting itself on this vid, that has been corrected.
    enjoy
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSCf5BXSOJc
    look for more to come.

Default cool

now thats a cool idea. gives added functionality to an otherwise normal sensor. ingenious!

Very cool. I hope you get the tutorial done soon cause that would be really helpful.

MORE. Need more info. That is way cool Graven. I wonder if you could you use a rumble motor instead?

More is coming, Er Dan...

This is for a project that Grayven and I are doing. Mainly, it has to do with the "Seven Six-Sixteens" as I'm calling them--the 7 MR 616s that I want to get specially "pimped out" for BOP III or whatever else (such as demos, b-day parties, LED saber classes, etc.).

Also, I would prefer to say that a motor could be placed in ADDITION to (not so much in lieu of) the flash here. In other words, you could indeed add a small motor that would spin from the current.

For example, the motors in my Flange III sabers pulse and "ebb and flow" with the current from the Crystal Focus LED leads. In other words--the motor behaves exactly as does the main LED.

You can think of a motor like any other device getting current--like an indicator LED. Feed it the right amount at the right time for your favorite purpose... it's no more difficult than wiring up a Luxeon III, a "small" low-current LED... or even a POT or speaker.
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

Seeing as I've got 1 616 board and two more coming, I'm certainly interested in this.
    I'm not anti-social, society is anti me

Saber-carying member of the FSM,
    Barfly at the Intergalactic Kegger

I'm very much interested in this since all my sabers have MR boards in them. An upgrade like this would make it that much sweeter.

Blog Entries

Default I want to try it out

Wow! This solves my problem with what to do with the feedback motor i installed in my hilt. I did not think it was great to have the hilt shaking all the time. I finally got a hold of a 616, but I am having too much fun with the lightsaber to gut it for the board. I am planing to buy another 616.

Mind if I take stab at what it is you guys are doing?

Are you taking the signal from the clash sensor to switch on a MOSFET?
    Or is it more simple, like the LED is wired in series to the clash sensor?

looking forward to the tutorial.
    Last edited by vadeblade; 12-17-2008 at 03:54 PM. Reason: typo
    -------------------------------------------

"To invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk." - Thomas A. Edison

Question

The only thing is in the video when it clashes it sounds like only one sound is coming out, and it sounds like the power up sound, not one of the clashing sounds.
    Follow Your Bliss

You're absolutely right, Psab... the board was essentially "cycling" when the flash would get triggered--I mentioned this to Grayven a few days ago when he posted...

It's a work in progress, and Grayven JUST started, so... there's much to be worked out. In the end... you never know--it may be more trouble than it is "worth" (to some) in order to set up what we hope to do. In other words, it may cost like an extra $15 to $50 for parts and extra time or whatever. We're not "ferr surrre" yet, heheh.

BUT... that being said--I'll be visiting Grayven (he's about 2.5 hours away) this evening. We'll toss around ideas and see what's to do.

There's more to it also, as I'll be picking up a few sabers to bring back to some parents/families who want a saber for their child for Xmas/holidays!
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide