Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Gelu that saber makes me drool

I just checked out that saber, Gelu.

*drools uncontrollably*

Jeez, man, amazing work.

"Chaka, call off Dawson, will ya?!"

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I know, but I thought it would be lame to have to dial it down if I wanted to switch from pure red to pure green. With buttons I can make instant color changes if I leave the dials at full blast.

That'd be a neat demo... "Oh, red... Wait green... now everything in between!"[]

<center>Read the FAQ or x-wing won't be happy.
    Before posting did you check the Thread Index?

</center>

Just a question, but are you going to make a write up on how to do this, or is there one i'm missing???

thats awesome dude.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by BenReilly

Just a question, but are you going to make a write up on how to do this, or is there one i'm missing???
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

There is nothing to it - 3 potentiometers, one for each color. Lookup Prolight LEDs

Born of Sith, seduced by the light.

need to be small Potentiometers.
    I haven't found any thea seemed small enough for a job like that yet.

I'd drool as well....but it's getting deep in here and not everyone can swim.

Reality often interferes with what would otherwise be an idyllic delusion.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Tenric Starkindler

need to be small Potentiometers.
    I haven't found any thea seemed small enough for a job like that yet.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I am lucky enought to have an OEM parts liquidator in town. A big "junk yard" for electronics and hardware. Dirty, messy and not quite cheap, but you can run into some real treasures in there. The potentiometers I found were a "dying breed" - only 9 of them at $5 a piece, and it took me 3 hours of searching to find them. Oh, yeah, and they are of 3 different kinds too.

yeah, sweet saber gelu. it sure would be a help to others wanting to run that same kinda setup, not the handle of course, but a rgb setup in there like yours, if you wouldnt mind throwing up a wiring diagram for the circuts and possibly how you mounted the rgb and heatsinking, ya know, details. i dont plan on copying your handle or nuttin like that, it would go in one i designed myself, but that is just so sweet a setup, id like to know the details of it, so myself, and others who wanted to try their hand on this could have a battle plane, so to speak, of the internal hookups.

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...

Alright, here it is:

The power can obviously be supplied from either an MR board, a HAsbro board, Corbin's board or straight off a battery with a resistor added.

If you don't mind me asking where did you find that RBG Luxeon III Watt LED? Was is expensive?

Follow Your Bliss

alright, i'm new to all this, so i looked up some potentionmeters, and they ahve different ones, they have precision multi-turn ones, linear motion.....i'm guessin the precision is what i'de want, but i wasn't sure, and was shipping any problem from that uk website?