Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Gelu that saber makes me drool

Lan-Ed did you see this:
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by GeluKhanGharr

Another detail I forgot to add - I am using 500 ohm potentiometers, although lower values should work fine too - somewhere in the order of 200-300
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

The type does not matter as long as they are linear and in the range of 200 - 500 ohm. In a way it is better the have the pots hidden because, as I'm discovering, I keep changing colors unintentionally as I swing this thing.

Born of Sith, seduced by the light.

http://www.illumisabers.com

You need to make sure that the pot you use will handle the current. Most small on board pots like you are describing Xwing are very low wattage and would not work. I would say you would want something around 1 watt or better.

Of course there is nothing like the smell of burnt electronics.[]

Do-Clo
    Don't make me destroy you...

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">
    Of course there is nothing like the smell of burnt electronics.[]

Oh crap, I thought that was cocaine...

gonna be a rough day tomorrow...

[]

"Chaka, call off Dawson, will ya?!"

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by GeluKhanGharr

Lan-Ed did you see this:

Another detail I forgot to add - I am using 500 ohm potentiometers, although lower values should work fine too - somewhere in the order of 200-300

The type does not matter as long as they are linear and in the range of 200 - 500 ohm. In a way it is better the have the pots hidden because, as I'm discovering, I keep changing colors unintentionally as I swing this thing.

yes i did see it gelu, but i have no idea what the capacities are on those lil pots i mentioned, thats why i asked about them, you or do-clo would know way more than me on that subject.

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Do-Clo

You need to make sure that the pot you use will handle the current. Most small on board pots like you are describing Xwing are very low wattage and would not work. I would say you would want something around 1 watt or better.

1 watt sounds right

i might browse the RS store and see what pots they have, if they have some small ones in that ohm and watt ranges. i will let yall know.

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...

I'll check out my RS as well, if the one in Flagstaff has them than the others got to!![]

Gelu- yet again you've inspired us all to spend more money and keep Tim in business... Thanks!!![] I want to build a graflex now with this setup and Tim's adapter. The MHS is a lot of fun, but I want something totally unique now that I know kinda what I'm doing as far as the electronics go.

Tim- are ya going to sell the RGB's? ryaryaryaryarya?[]

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Wolverine

It's hard to come up with a compliment, or something nice to say about it, that hasn't already been said []
    That really is a true beauty !!![8D]
    You should really post something in the tutorial section, on how to build one like it, what materials you used, etc. It really is truely a piece of art, my hat's off to you. Well done. [8D][]

He pretty much did tell us everything. He posted the diagram for a RGB (page 2) and said it's run on an ROTS Anakin that he put in the tube of a lamp... LOL, not much else to be said.

<center>Read the FAQ or x-wing won't be happy.
    Before posting did you check the Thread Index?

</center>

Council Member
    Sith Warrior

a thousand pardons [:I]
    Those of us that don't "live" here, sometimes only have time to skim.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Wolverine

a thousand pardons [:I]
    Those of us that don't "live" here, sometimes only have time to skim.

Some would say with over 100 posts you "live" here too.[] TCSS is just one of the many places I keep myself occupied with on the internet. ASAP, DBW, JCF, FX-sabers, etc... []

<center>Read the FAQ or x-wing won't be happy.
    Before posting did you check the Thread Index?

</center>