Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: grips...whos got secrets?

Default grips...whos got secrets?

ok so i know of course theres the grip sold here and oring wich some use. also like foam strips is sometimes done and ive seen skateboard grip tape on a saber. so my question is is there any thing you guys use that is you own little secret method? any youd like to share? im just interested to see how resourcefull some of us are and see how many diffrent things people are using for grip. any way list away!
    if you are new these links will get you started

tutorial on ohms law!!!
    the saber building dictionary-a dictionary with basically everything about sabers!
    thread index-this is the thread index!
    the basic saber building tutorial-tutorial for making basic hilts!
    start here if new-start right here if your brand new fresh out of the factory never before opened noob!

Well, in the past...I've used windshield wiper blade refils that I just carved bits off of, they're not as raised as the rubber T-grips, but offer the same handleing.

"Absolutely not. You're not going to the dark side on my watch. Do it on Luke's."
    ―Corran Horn, to Tahiri Veila

Quote Originally Posted by astromech_kuhns View Post
    ok so i know of course theres the grip sold here and oring wich some use. also like foam strips is sometimes done and ive seen skateboard grip tape on a saber. so my question is is there any thing you guys use that is you own little secret method? any youd like to share? im just interested to see how resourcefull some of us are and see how many diffrent things people are using for grip. any way list away!
    How about looking around and reading? There are LOTS of build logs here, and MANY of them have grip materials listed.

This subject has been handled before, and NO, I will not spoon feed you a link.

oh i didnt know it had been done beofre i was just interested in seeing how many people do diffrent methods. i already got my own.

tutorial on ohms law!!!
    the saber building dictionary-a dictionary with basically everything about sabers!
    start here if new-start right here if your brand new fresh out of the factory never before opened noob!

Quote Originally Posted by astromech_kuhns View Post
    oh i didnt know it had been done beofre i was just interested in seeing how many people do diffrent methods. i already got my own.
    Yep sure has.

Reading like you recommend in your sig would have found you those answers...

Funny that you use the word "n00blet" in your sig line, when the very nature of this thread is n00bish.

yes it is. a jedi needs to admit when they made a mistake....they also need to admit when theyve been owned and ive been owned.... sorry for the thread then. i jsut figured maybe new ideas have come....like im thinking of double wrapping thin black wire tightly for grip.

tutorial on ohms law!!!

it looks cool.

tutorial on ohms law!!!

sting-ray skin
    New to the forum: READ, READ, READ! it's the best way not to get flamed.
    Time for a kirby dance <('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)<('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)

Tank pad. I've no idea what you call it in the states, might even be called tank pad. I'ts used on sports motorcycles to stop the tank getting scratched. Lots of differant styles available, carbon fibre , black , etc . It gives a sligtly raised rubber effect.

I use sub pump tube over a 1.25 inch sink tube. You can by a ton of it for $10. Just get a sub pump repair kit for Lowes or Home Depot.

Seen on one of my sabers here
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...postcount=2200

Could be added to MHS by MHS sinktube addapter. 1.25 inch sink will slide into the adapter.