Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: RED! LuxIII-Seoul P4

Quote Originally Posted by Sairon View Post
    p4 red=105 lumens, red lux 3=140 lumens, red orange=190 lumens. you decide but I think I'll go with the red orange.
    I want to complete the conversion on my Vader saber and thought about going with a Seoul P4 since the Lux are currently unavailable....but if the LUX runs at 140 in red and 190 in red/orange then maybe I'll wait til they are back in stock.

Jedi Initiate
    Jedi Initiate
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BuildaVader View Post
    I want to complete the conversion on my Vader saber and thought about going with a Seoul P4 since the Lux are currently unavailable....but if the LUX runs at 140 in red and 190 in red/orange then maybe I'll wait til they are back in stock.
    a bit of a necro-post here... the P4s are in the charts now, btw. also the P4 is a very red red and puts out 108 lumens at 2.5V and 800mA while the red luxIII does 140 lumens at 2.95V at 1400mA and the red-orange luxIII does 180 lumens at the same as the red luxIII. the P4 will give you slightly better run time (a few extra minutes of full power before dimming) and i know the color is a very delicious red as well, if you go that route.
    Now known as Azmaria Dei
    i really need "meow on clash" mya! =^_^=

duel - to fight someone 1 on 1
    dual - 2 of something in line with each other

Thanks for the update on the P4's..I wish I could have jumped on a more current thread but didn't want to rehash the subject.

I had my sites set on a LUX III conversion for my Vader light saber... based on what I had originally read regarding the Hasbro conversion. I wanted to order the parts yesterday but saw the LUX III is currently out of stock and only the P4 is currently available in the store.

I'm now wondering if I should wait it out till they come back in stock ...or just go with the P4 since they are more red in color. I'm assuming the P4 conversion is no different that the step by step tutorial which shows the LUX III conversion.

Jedi Initiate
    Jedi Initiate
    Blog Entries

yeah the conversion is the same, but you just use a P4 instead of a luxIII. i'll be doing that soon myself with a windu hilt - in blue though, unless Tim gets in some amber LEDs soon. ^_^

as for when he's getting more in stock, i don't think he will be... i'm not sure and someone else will have to correct me, but i don't think they make the luxII anymore... or i could be thinking of the rebel... i forget now... either way, if you want a nice deep blood red, i would go with the P4 red. ^_^
    Now known as Azmaria Dei

No more Luxeon LEDs except for the rebel now.
    The I, III, V, K2 were all replaced by the rebel as of Feb this year.

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

Jedi Initiate
    Jedi Initiate
    Blog Entries

and there we go. no more LuxIII LEDs. once they're gone, they're gone.
    Now known as Azmaria Dei

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

And so passes one of the greatest advances in saber history...

Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...