Thread: do i need a mom switch for a hasbro sound board clone wars type to work?

Exclamation do i need a mom switch for a hasbro sound board clone wars type to work?

K i orderd a sink tube saber with a green k2 led kit it hasnt arived at my house yet but im just wondering will a clone wars sound board work properly or at all with out a mom switch?

Unhappy

if i need the mom switch i guess i could use the one hasbro suplied but i dont really want to

I believe you need a momentary switch. The stock hasbro switches are totally weak sauce (basically two metal strips separated by a piece of foam). You can get momentary switches from the store or from you local radio shack too.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

sorry, bro you need it. If you use a latching switch, you will have to push it 2 times to turn the board & LED off
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

so it wont work at all with out the mom switch???????????????????? ps: i have a on off switch coming with my kit can it work with that??????

Council Member
    Sith Lord

it will work, but you need to press the button twice to turn it off! Just wire it up and you will see what I mean. If it doesn't bother you, then use it!
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!