Thread: 3/4 inch verses 1 inch blades

Default 3/4 inch verses 1 inch blades

I was wondering what the opionions were of using the 3/4 inch OD blades as opposed to the 1 inch OD blades on LED sabers? I have a couple 3/4 inch blade holders but havn't seen what type of diffrence there is for the thiner blades as far as looks. Also what is the consense for light dueling? Are they fairly durable and look good?

Thanks for the input gang.

1" thick walls are the best for heavy dueling, IMO the only reason to use 3/4 inch blades is for EL or certain MR conversions, the 1 inch blades let more light in pretty much universally and they're closer to the movies in terms of plade thickness.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

They're all tough. lookie here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONMGtSC_B4w

but the big difference is in light distribution: 3/4" has less space, therefore less room for the light to "fill in"...

Personally, I don't like 3/4" very much... too flimsy and wobbly

Council Member
    Sith Lord

I echo eastern here, although, if the blade is about 30-32" it looks good IMO.
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

I only use 3/4 on converted el sabers if I have to. and look at madcows luke saber it looks good with a 3/4 because then he can have an acurate neck.
    New to the forum: READ, READ, READ! it's the best way not to get flamed.
    Time for a kirby dance <('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)<('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)

the only reason why i use 3/4th is cause of my ultra obi wan conversion other than that i'll take my 1inch blades
    ...YUP!