Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Replica Sabers

Vintage Graflex, lux III Royal Blue, Luke ANH sound, crystal chamber lit with Luke ANH strip LED, chassis, etc

Lit up

crystal chamber and chassis

Custom grips

I <3 Mako

Default MHS hybrid Obi ANH

I've finally finished this.

It's half MHS parts that I modified, with an emitter section I machined myself.
    - Blue single rebel on a star
    - CF 4.1
    - Amber indicator LED and red low batt LED under bubble strip
    - 4.8 v. NIMH Battery

And a quick video:

MC
    Last edited by Madcow; 06-22-2009 at 06:19 PM.

MHS pommel, gear piece, grenade (modified), emitter is from ebay(possibly saberkit?) 1/2" copper pipe/fitting, piece on neck is made from sink tube, luxIII, Vader ANH MRFX board, 3/4" blade w/ corbin and clear diffuser.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Ki-Adi Mundi

- LEDEngine 5w Blue
    - 1x Li-Ion 18650
    - Momentary tactile switch under LED bezel
    - Scrolling bar-graph
    - No sound (stunt)

Demo vid:

eastern57

Default 1.25 Sinktube Qui gon Jinn

MHS, sinktube & custom overlay combination.
    Luxeon 3 Green on a MR Luke ROTJ Board.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

MR Sound (jedi board)
    Blue 3W (very nice light blue)
    1" blade
    Switch in the bike valve
    CR123 batteries

This picture shows the pommel. Sound holes are in the smallest band on the pommel.

With the blade in it. The blue is darker in the pics than in real life.

Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

LUke ROTJ V2 by eastern57

Specs:

- Modified MHS parts... all parts available at TCSS (minus cf+bat)
    - CF V4.1
    - 14670 x2
    - TCSS bubble-strip bar-graph (heavily modified)
    - PolyC neck w/semi-faded neck
    - Characteristic V2 Weathering (clear-coated)
    - Compatible w/ either 7/8" or 3/4" blades

vid:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JE-kTOXF17U

pics:

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Talking Mara Jade

Ya'll knew I would do this. This started as a Korbanth Jade and I added a few cool LDM-ish features. The hi-lite is the Purple translucent Pommel insert that ups the Crystal Pommel's game. The Optics module is also a feature of which I am exceedingly proud and it contains the best TruPurple LED I have ever done. I also decided to keep the 3/4" blade because of the scale of the hilt itself.

Particulars:

Ultrasound 2.5
    TruPurple LED
    Violet Acrylic Crystal Pommel
    Hidden 1.3mm Recharge/Kill
    4.8V NiMH battery solution
    TCSS HO speaker
    "under the LED" switch

The Video

The Glams

The Build

All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

this is my Obi Wan styled wood hilt...Only equipment used was a chisel and a hammer. I was 15 when i made it so almost 3 years ago now.

Considering it was made out of an old curtain rod which had grooves the entire length i tried my best to make it look half decent.

I suppose this saber fits here better than anyplace else. Replica of the saber seen in The Force Unleashed carried by Galen Marek.

Specs:

Custom hilt made from original plans
    Custom crystal chamber
    Makototsai V2 red blade and Super One sound card
    18650 Li-Ion battery pack with PCB
    In-hilt recharge

I'm a couple parts shy of totally finishing up. Minor details are all that is needed to call this one totally done, so forgive me if I have jumped the gun just a bit.

Based on my original plans, this saber was modified slightly to accommodate the Makototsai V2 blade and Super One sound card. Since the blade and sound are integrated into a single unit, build techniques for this saber were slightly different. No trying to figure out heatsinking an LED, no worrying about leaving room aft of the crystal chamber for sound...none of it was a concern here. I based this saber around a continuous length of 1" copper pipe, since larger material for the base would have been wasted space. The rest of the saber went around this pipe, and it gave me the opportunity to have REAL copper for the emitter and band along the grip section.

As usual, I was concerned with details. How could I set this Starkiller apart from the others I had built? How indeed. I made the crystal chamber a focal point of this saber. Check out the in=progress pics:

Those vertical rods you see were wrapped with nearly 6 linear feet of thin copper wire each. The crystals are modified acrylic drop points. I could have gone with real quartz, but for the look I wanted, a synthetic material was a better choice. Now, compare to the finished chamber:

The chamber has a nice look to it, and the use of copper balances with the minimal amount of it on the outside of the saber at the emitter and the grip band. I used replica t-track grips on this saber, and they have a nice feel. Maybe these particular t-tracks are a bit softer compound than others, but they don't bite into the hands. Enough of this, though...how about some lit shots?

I have a bit of work left to do - a bit of weathering, a couple screws, a control box cover to make. Not a big deal. I am 99% happy with this saber. The 1% is minutia - the LED illuminating the crystal chamber is not as bright as I would like...and it blinks instead of being steady. Also, there is no Covertec - but no need, since the blade CANNOT be removed Otherwise, this saber turned out great. Hope you like it as much as I do.

*ripped from my post at FX-Sabers - sorry...too lazy to make it unique here*

YouTube video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uXYWrSpoGM