Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Replica Sabers

My newest saber........my first personal saber in two years of making sabers.

Completely machined by yours truly.

Rechargeable...no sound (sorry X)...royal blue 3W...custom made rotary switch....everything made from solid aluminum stock....pommel is one solid piece rather than pieces....

I plan on keeping it all natural alum...I like the look....

Remember all.....no posting comments in here....keep comments here:
    http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/fo...=49&start=2100

I reposted here for comments.

Clickable thumbnails:

"Life tests you! Everyday it brings new chances for triumph or defeat.
    And if you pass the test, it doesn't make you a Jedi. It makes you human."

-Qui-Gon Gin

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Exactly like my other one pretty much. Differences are I used a square pack vs. the 2x2 config. I really should have done that before, it was loads easier. The person I'm building this for is a costumer so the square pack is easier to store somewhere and swap compared to the more permanent solution I used for mine.

Then I wasn't satisfied with the sensor... too weak. With the blade wiggling from the hit anyway you could hardly tell the clash effect was there. So I wanted to implement a switch. The brass valve seems logical for a seamless look, but I found the little tactile I placed a good compromise for function during use (hand is away from main power) and look. If you're having a hard time picking it out I did my job well!

This is not quite done because of an LED snafu (I was sent the wrong part), but here's a pic of mine:
    RED LEADER Standing by!

Well here’s my latest acquisition, a Parks Obi TPM.

I’ve wanted an Obi Wan TPM for years and when I saw it I just had to get it. I bought it off eBay on Monday and got it yesterday (Thursday, this has been the longest week ever!). The listing didn’t actually say it was a parks, it said ‘this comes from overseas by a famous HK maker’. I assumed it was a Larbel saber, but when it arrived I knew straight away it wasn’t. (I had seen pics of a Larbel on the net) For one the grips didn’t go in to deep and two it had a parks blade with it. When I removed the pommel it was hollow, like the parks and it had the same parks inverter as my M2.

I love this thing and it is now my favorite saber even with no sound and the EL blade. Eventually I’d like to lux it up but for now it will stay as is.

My latest attempt at a Quinlan Vos saber...

"vibrations within vibrations, traveling at the speed of color"

"I've got a bad feeling about this..."

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Suprised I didn't post this before... hilt is again by Yoda (Meridian) of FX-sabers. I did little extra. I swapped in an MHS grille for the pommel and was able to source the cone knob for the kill switch.

I was just the installer basically. I don't mind that... the weathering is not my thing.

Video going to be posted in the appropriate thread...
    RED LEADER Standing by!

I finally completed my Luke V2

- Green Rebel LED
    - CF 3.0 with rumble motor
    - red Low batt LED under activation plate
    - 4.8 v NIMH battery
    -Takes a 3/4" blade

And a short video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIXrbZrLnD4

MC

Default My Ki Adi Mundi saber

This is my custom made Ki Adi Mundi saber, machined it last week, its LED ready but I havent installed the electronics yet.

Default Brass MPP Vader

Well I've had this MPP handle for awhile now and I've finally got round to putting the electronics in it.

The blade holder is from the graflex shop, it had a red 3 watt luxeon led powered by a MR Luke ROTJ sound board with 4 AAA batteries. The switch is mounted on the clamp, you can see it in the fourth photo.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I took it out of the other thread - I'll post it here.... don't think I've ever posted here.

MR Mace w/my Purple LED string + crystal chamber. I took out the grips to see it 360 degrees, and the insides will be painted black - so it at least looks the same.

Direct link:
    http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/n...t=MOV03825.flv

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Parks Obi Wan TPM Saber converted by Xwing. Rebel LED and Ultrasound V1.1. It runs off Li Ions and the charge port is right by the covertech. The red button is the power button. Pictures taken with one of Xwing's nylon blades installed. The pictures are a tad overexposed with the blade lit.

Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!