Thread: PVC Rahm Kota Completed... Mostly :)

Default PVC Rahm Kota Completed... Mostly :)

I decided to put together a Rahm Kota saber at a cheap cost. It'll be a variant. Somewhere after the one Rahm Kota had and what it became when Galen Marek used it... Imagine the saber making it back into the hands of Kota after Marek's first death, and it getting passed onto Falon Grey, and in turn, passed onto X2... I'm using one from the 'net I found as general inspiration.

It's made of 1" PVC for the main body with an endcap and a coupling. The blade holder is also 1" pvc with a 3/4" grey PVC lathe-turned to fit inside. all the parts are lathed down in my wood lathe except the main body.

The electronics are from a Hasbro Mace Windu... which caused some initial problems (will explain later). I've soldered on the 3AAA battery pack from a cheap auto parts flashlight. The 4AAA wouldn't fit, lol... I'm leaving the soundboard and the LEDs in tact until I can eventually afford to upgrade this one (I'm super excited about the new NB, btw). The LED pad will be held into place with a 1/4" thick piece of the grey pvc tubing that I turned down. As for the switch... the one on the board is a tactile switch and not a momentary like the Obi-wan is... Live and learn, right? It'll be the last Mace saber I buy. I will include a close-up of the switch below...

The leather wrapping is black suede from Michael's, with some synthetic nylon sinew wrapped around to secure it. The leather was wrapped with some 5 min epoxy to keep it in place. some of the glue seeped through, which I'm not happy about, but oh well... Lastly, some screws were taken from an old (and I mean real old) laptop mother board I took apart for spares several years ago. It's got an 8-32 hex screw for the blade holder.

A big thank you to those who helped with the switch issues. The suggestions helped and obviously worked. As it turns out, this saber is a mace-windu in rahm-kota clothing. But the plan is to upgrade to the Nano Biscotte, the TCSS speaker, and a blue Rebel once I get the chance...

Hope you like!

Here's the in-progress pics:
    The constituent parts

The stupid Mace board with the tactile switch spot:

The leather wrapping in progress:

The two holes drilled with leads soldered into place:

My amazing cram-fu job - Will make the wires longer next time I get a chance... No room in there at all!

The saber completed!

And now for the Glam Shots:
    img_8809.jpg img_8808.jpg img_8807.jpg img_8806.jpg img_8804.jpg

Remember, your LED will ALWAYS look brighter in pics and vids... If you're not playing with it at night, it's not gonna impress you...

Jedi Padawan
    Jedi Padawan

Hey, Cap'n! Nice looking little saber there! You can kick out another then start learning some Jar'Kai. If you use epoxy next time you can clean it before it sets with rubbing alcohol.

Knowledge must be balanced by Practice.
    Practice must be balanced by Experience.
    Through Knowledge, Practice, and Experience
    we gain Wisdom.

-Boj-Vaati Mau
    Jedi Sentinel, Jar'Kai practitioner,
    and Instctor at Strafe Plains Temple

Saber Guild: Strafe Plains Temple
    The Rebel Legion

Lookin' awesome, Cap. I'm really digging that grip. She looks like a nimble little lady.
    "Bacon and cheese>squeezed lemon." - FenderBender
    "But, ya know...rules are made to be broken." - Yoshi-Taka
    LDM's Recipe For Noobs. Totally Worth The Read.

Nice saber. I say stick with this one as a personal saber until NB comes out. The rebel blue will look sick. Though if possible, I would drill some holes in the emitter for like, light shining through the emitter kinda thing. Just an idea.
    "Your move!" -Obi-wan kenobi-

hey mills, been watchin ur blog.....it turned out great!
    "A foolish man fights a fight he'll lose, and lose foolishly".

looks good captain ...wrap looks excellent ....

Thanks all!

I look at some of the amazing work that's created here and I just want to build tons of sabers. The Mrs. is slightly against me spending my entire fortune (lol, j/k) on sabers, so I'm stuck doing the best I can with pvc. Anyway, I appreciate the complements!

Boj, I will have to look up Jar-Kai and see what it is first!
    jedimastergarcia, by "sick" did you mean "awesome"?
    schmoe, thanks! I didn't think anyone looked at those, lol!

Remember, your LED will ALWAYS look brighter in pics and vids... If you're not playing with it at night, it's not gonna impress you...

Jedi Padawan
    Jedi Padawan

Jar'Kai is a cool name for dual weilding or Florintine, my friend.

Knowledge must be balanced by Practice.
    Practice must be balanced by Experience.
    Through Knowledge, Practice, and Experience
    we gain Wisdom.

-Boj-Vaati Mau
    Jedi Sentinel, Jar'Kai practitioner,
    and Instctor at Strafe Plains Temple

Saber Guild: Strafe Plains Temple
    The Rebel Legion

Oh! Two-saber stuff...

Cool! Too bad my wife tells me I look like a goof swinging them around in the back yard. Too bad I don't have any other lightsaber wielders close to me

Hey Mills, I know what you mean....I have'nt found anyone in my area who wields sabers, and all my buddies think my sabers are cool but can't get them to build they're own!
    "A foolish man fights a fight he'll lose, and lose foolishly".