Thread: Anaasazi - Igniter R2 Personal Saber

Default Anaasazi - Igniter R2 Personal Saber

Welcome saber fans. What is any Jedi, Sith or Gray Jedi without their own personal lightsaber. So today I present to you Anaasazi, my personal Lightsaber.

This hilt was the culmination of several minds coming together. First and foremost I want to thank Arkhan for doing such a wonderful job with the install and setup. It came off better than I had hoped for.

This saber holds an Igniter R2 board. It is powered by 18500 stick pack, which is needed to power the RGBW 10 Watt Main LED. It manages run times just over an hour.

The control box was taken from a Canon Flash, and I think works wonderfully with the design. The Static hilt was originally made by OneReplicas, but has been modified for the install.

In addition there is a custom top strip to cover up the box, which when pulled away reveals the switches for Main Power and Auxillary actions and a very nicely set Pakistan Enhydro Herkimer Diamond which is backlit by a matching RGB led.

For those of you who don't know what that is, its a Herkimer Diamond found along the Pakistan/Aghanistan border. Within it houses a golden oil liquid and moving bubbles. On this particular stone you can see a small bubble of water travel along the oil when it is tilted, with the naked eye. The great thing though is that the oil within the crystal changes to a different color than the rest of the stone, giving one of the best effects I have ever seen. Imagine an orange stone, with Deep Red droplets of power within, or a blue crystal with glowing green inclusions. It really gives the saber a unique quality I have never seen before. Very mystical.

The hilt features a custom ARKM crystal Razor plug, which also is fitted with another Pakistan Enhydro Herkimer Diamond and a Real Copper Kill key by Arkhan

So without further ado, here are the pictures.

For those who skipped over everything here is the technical aspects list

Igniter R2
    10 Watt RGBW LED (With W mixed in for BoC)
    18500 Stick Pack
    5 watt RGB accent LED
    Custom Copper Kill Key by Arkhan
    Tru Color Board
    Canon Flash Box
    Reveal Chamber
    Pakistan Enhydro Herkimer Diamond
    Custom ARKM Razor blade plug

I want to thank everyone that helped bring this hilt to life. It is going to be my new personal saber and will be cherished in my family.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVI7PHpsGkA
    Last edited by nartules; 09-07-2012 at 03:06 PM. Reason: Images Too Large -

I like it.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."

Blog Entries

This saber has a lot of personality, and really good flow to it. I'm a big fan of the innovation here.

Nice saber. If the blade was just red alone it'd remind me of Corran's lightsaber if he turned Sith. Like keep the original design but just mod it up a bit for thee Dark Side.
    "Your move!" -Obi-wan kenobi-

Great saber! That reveal chamber is awesome
    Clicky Sig =>

Wow, that turned out really great, I really like that control box a lot!

Looks like I'm not the only one perusing off-brand camera flashes. Good job, Nartules.

Very elegant!
    "A foolish man fights a fight he'll lose, and lose foolishly".

Quote Originally Posted by BlessedWrath View Post
    Looks like I'm not the only one perusing off-brand camera flashes. Good job, Nartules.
    I found another flash as well, that I hope to have made into a functioning saber sometime next year. Its got a really nice streamlined box on it, that is screaming to come to life.