Thread: non-slip textured powdercoating?

Default non-slip textured powdercoating?

Other than the 'orange peel' effect with thin coatings previously mentioned can powder coating produce 'textured' finishes? The ones I see pictured here all seem pretty smooth and I was wondering if there are any 'textured' powdercoatings used to produce a 'non-slip grip'?

This is a pretty good idea Onli... although it can be achieved with this "anti-slip" product spray made by Rustoleum. I think it's normally meant for stairs or outside areas or whatever.

Granted... you're right in that having it done at more of a "machined" level is probably a lot easier than hand-spraying it on...

And additionally--this spray that I use WILL wear down after like 6 months to 12 months of usage...
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

Council Member
    Sith Lord

yes, I used textured black PC on my last saber it is an 8/10 for anti-slip.
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

This is the best stuff I have used for a grip.

Linky

Sweet video EDG, I haven't gotten close to anything like that yet. But I'll will.
    “He's a friend from work.”

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dottore Matto View Post
    yes, I used textured black PC on my last saber it is an 8/10 for anti-slip.
    Thanks LDM that sounds like exactly what I'm looking for...glad to know it exists and yes as Novastar said I'd like to get it "done at more of a machined level" [in fact that would be necessary with the design I have in mind] and a black shade is exactly what I'm looking for.

Do you happen to remember the type [manufacturer, product/colour name or number etc.] that you used so I could talk to Strydur about it? If not I'll have to just hope I get lucky and find a good one but 8/10 for 'anti-slip' sounds pretty useful to me!

Try Rhino Lining, it is for truck bed linings!

Textured and completely industuructable

Grey Leader:Standing By.

Recruiting now. Contact me for Emblem.

DONATE YOUR LIGHTSABER TO THE FIGHT AGAINST AUTISM!!! ASK ME HOW!!

I used to work at a place that did powder coat painting. There are paint formulas that do result in a textured finish when cured. Just letting everyone know.