Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast

Thread: Custom Sabers

Default my saber project

This is my third saber project im working on this one for a friend here in KS, before i go back home to utah. It has a Lux 3 white led no sound yet that is the next step im going to be useing a hasbro board.
    Attached Images Attached Images

heres my diy saber. the chrome bit is from a bus handrail, the plastic is a 32mm pvc pipe and the led bar, side led and emitor led all work.

just need to add a covertec clip n were in buisnes

Default Starkiller-inspired saber

The saber in it's finished glory. Finished up tonight. I'm so glad it's done. What a pain in the butt!

MPS pommel from TCSS and the grips of the saber. Very comfortable.

Control box housing mock and real electronics. The activation switch is housed here. Yes, the contacts are exposed, and yes...I meant to do it this way. Shh!

Exposed crystal chamber. Looks nice. I like how it turned out.

Emitter. Viewports with Swarovski crystals to scatter light.

Turk's Head knot attaching tassels to the saber. Never want to tie one of these again. No thanks.

Quartering shot from the front.

Lit shot. Main LED is Cyan bin 2. Crystal chamber LEDs are 5mm bin 2 (thanks LDM!)

Lit shot.

Other details:

Ultrasound v1.0 sound and LED driver. 4.8V NiMH pack with in-hilt recharge port.

Fin
    Last edited by Jonitus; 06-21-2009 at 07:26 PM.

Default my first sinktube custom saber

my first completed LED lightsaber. this used to be an EL saber i bought about 4-5 years ago from tcss. this is all sink tube/plumbing supply with the exception of Tim's 1.25" blade holder and the pommel was originally part of the EL saber. the ring at the base of the shroud, behind the activation button, was part of a gutted sink faucet aerator. i got to use a bit of dremel-fu on the shroud to create a U-channel to show off the retention bolts, plus it has a quick-disconnect right below the heatsink for future LED color changes. the grip is made from 1" rubber washers removed from pvc couplings with a few O-rings slid into the grooves between them. this design is based around a 1.25" sink tube with 1.5" overlay/extension tubes for a shroud and lower handle. as this is my 1st try there's no sound, just wanted to get the thing to ignite

green P4 resistored using 4 AAA batteries. 33" (exposed) 1" OD thin-walled polyC blade with 5 feet of clear cellophane gift wrap as a diffuser. mirrored tip has a 1/4" hole drilled in the center (got the idea from vargose ) so the the tip lights up fairly well with minimal dimming. pic taken with no flash in a lit room

pic taken with no flash in a pitch black room

pic taken with flash in lit room (closer to true life)
    "Strike me down, and claim your refund..." Chad Vader
    c{H[ ]IIIIII=|/==================================
    c{H[ ]IIIIII=|/==================================

Hey Folks.

Here's my saber: Viper Defender Mark II

Specs
    -Ultrasound V2.0
    -Lux III Royal blue
    -9v battery
    -36" Thick walled TCSS Battle blade

Obligatory beauty shots

No indoor light with light from outside

No indoor light, curtains closed

She turned out pretty great. There's an obvious dim spot on the blade but a brighter LED will fix that and is planned for the future.

Maverick
    New people, read here first. It will answer a lot of your questions ->http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...ead.php?t=6430

'Intent' by Toukejin

Brass / Aluminum Body
    Luxeon III Cyan
    1000mA Buckpuck
    2 TrustFire Li-ion Batteries
    No Sound

(Color corrected)

(Color corrected)

Construction and misc other photos in the Flickr set.

Thread here.

This is my first post here, and my very first saber. All sink pipe, using a pop-up sink drain and an extension tube. It has no electronics, but my next ones will most definitely.

Pics are a little large... My bad...

Default C3P0 - ish

This is my first sink tube saber, ready to add lights (purple) and sound! 1.5" brass sink tube with brass painted pvc in and outside. 11" long

More info here...
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...ead.php?t=9165

Custom saber built in the style of the one carried by the main character of the video game Star Wars (tm): The Force Unleashed.

Features a modified TCSS 1.25" sinktube LED/blade holder, modified TCSS MHS-to-sinktube adapter, MHS pommel and pommel insert. Also features parts made by Orbital Machining (the crystal chamber insert and many parts of the main body). All parts designed in-house and cut by hand. Custom weathering done by hand. 10 built as a limited run.

Ultrasound 2.5, Luxeon III R/O, microlux 4-pin LED for crystal chamber, 4AAA battery holder, HO speaker, hidden tactile switch.

So here it is my new super model girlfriend. ;D
    This is one top shelf Lightsaber. It's built for use and to look purdy.

Specs:
    Hilt = 10 of 10 Jon Judge made Starkiller.
    Engine = CF4.2
    POwer = 2 x 14500
    Led = Xwing BBW

I originally had planed to put a US2.5 in this, however when it arrived it was clear to me that it need a CF. The build for me was a difficulty level of 8 out of 10 for me. I might have been because I had the flu while I was doing it but I will never know for sure. The first install went nice until I realized I missed a 1 on one of the parameters in one of my CF bank files. That cause a down ward spiral that never ended that night. That one mistake ended up causing me 3 more mistakes with each mistake causing me to completely uninstall every thing and reinstall. Fortunately I woke up this morning feeling better and got [s]her[/s] him finished up.
    The saber is very solid and well built which is beautifully offset by hoe light it is. With everything installed it weighs 1lb 3oz. All the fine details are there. Nothing but a staler hilt build.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JMvNaeQUpU
    Last edited by grayven; 10-11-2009 at 06:13 PM.