Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Custom Sabers

My take on an Obi-Wan styled lightsaber. Envisioned as possibly a saber to bridge the gap between his elegant prequel TPM hilt and his classic OT hilt.

Don't mind the saber on the right, it was my original attempt at an Obi-Wan styled hilt.

"Beauty shots":

1.25" sinktube, TCSS bladeholder and switch bezel nut, and Dremeled overlays (sinktube, thin aluminum sheeting, and aluminum tubing).
    Last edited by gundamaniac; 08-17-2008 at 02:00 AM.

A Jedi gains power through understanding;
    a Sith gains understanding through power.
    Help me choose my Sith Sinktube Saber design!

these are Simply costume props I made with No electronics But I'm planning on making some working models in the near future. these are My Idea of an ancient Jedi (green one) and Sith (W/claw) lightsabers

[IMG][/IMG]

This was my very first saber I ever built, and it's still one of my favorites. It's almost 10 years old now. All PVC, Sink tube, and hardware parts, with a few tid bits from a C-17 thrown in for good measure. I made this using only a drill, a hacksaw, and a half-round file.

And some photoshop magic:

some MHS parts with sink tube sleeve and Hand sculpted Horn/Organic Body

Last edited by Lord Maul; 12-24-2008 at 01:02 AM. Reason: bad picture removed

Been off a while, so here's my updates:

My Blue Curved, one of my Graflex Style hilts (Green), my MHS Red (Darth Vetous', incomplete) & The start of my nieces Hello Kitty Saber. I'll do updates on each when I get the chance...
    XBOX 360 Gamertag AdeganBlue

Being so great, the owner of these wonderful forums and attached shop has filmed how to build an MHS hilt, here's the link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm_-BQb_-eY
    Is he just great to you all?

The latest one off my workbench:

This one runs an Anakin Skywalker ROTS soundboard, Luxeon III red led with a 5 deg. lens, uses 4-AAA batteries and can be made to be in-the-hilt rechargeable. It is scratched, scuffed, worn, and burned on purpose to make it look old and used, but exactly "ancient." The blade is internally sanded, and uses about 6 feet of cellophane gift wrap for a Dual-Core Diffusion type blade.
    Last edited by Jay-gon Jinn; 09-08-2008 at 01:40 AM.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Default Heiland Rogue Jedi saber

Another handle I've had for awhile. Its a vintage Heiland flash (that's a bit beaten up, it has a few light scratches here and there.) with a chrome shroud. I thought I'd put it in here since its not a replica of a certain saber but more of a custom influenced by several replica sabers.

Since its slightly beaten up I envisioned it as being a Rogue Jedi's saber thats been modified over the years, such as the rivets to keep the grips on.

The blade holder is from the graflex shop, it has a green Seoul P4 powered by a MR Luke ROTJ sound board with 4 AAA batteries. The switch is mounted on the clamp, you can see it on the fifth photo.

Default My first saber

Okay, I figured I should finally post this.
    Hasbro Obi sound card, Luxeon K2 with a BuckPuck (was originally red, but my son didn't like being a Sith), plumbing parts, homemade blade and holder, and blade film and blade ends from TCSS. I built most of this before I discovered TCSS, including getting K2's from Canada, bare stars from Taiwan, heatsinks from New Hampshire, polycarbonate tube from Ohio, hours on a drill press making a blade holder from nylon bushings, and an Obi-Wan Force Unleashed for the sound card from Target. Clearly, I went about this one the wrong way

I wound copper wire into the threads on the drain bezel emitter and used a nylon washer instead of a rubber one for the slip joint.

I used nylon set screws for the blade holder, which glow (as does the nylon slip joint) when the LED is turned on.

The start to my next one that will rely heavily on TCSS internals. It's another sink tube, but trimed to give a Yoda emitter look. I built the clamp from sheet aluminum, a toggle bolt, the edge connector from an old PC sound card, and a steel key (like a Woodruff key, but rectangular).

Last edited by Orthus; 09-14-2008 at 10:06 PM. Reason: detail

Had to post at least 1 of my sabers in here before it goes off to ebay heaven.

1.25 diameter 36" long blade with custom diffuser
    White seoul p4 with 1000 ma driver and reflector optic
    The hilt is powered by a 4 AA battery pack and has a SPST switch from the store with bezel ( I love those things ) and has Lava Black powder coating

Custom machined by me

6jj6.th.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
    Last edited by jamesjeffh; 09-19-2008 at 08:18 AM.