Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Custom Sabers

Spiky Brass saber. 15" long, Royal Blue K2.

Vos Style

Tri Slot Shroud

A curvier Vos in white

A Stormtrooper Saber

My Daikatana saber with a K2 Blue

And a smaller spiky with a LuxIII red
    Last edited by darthdan; 05-03-2008 at 06:49 AM.
    "vibrations within vibrations, traveling at the speed of color"

"I've got a bad feeling about this..."

Sith Minion
    Jedi Initiate

Default Superman Saber

Here is one of many themed sabers i'm doing, still not fully complete, but this is it for now. Basic wire kit from TCSS for lux 3, resisted 2.2 o 5 watt, recharge port running a Seoul P4 white with TCSS filters.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I harnessed the energy of the yellow sun in one of my kryptonian crystals to power my lightsaber

No man stands so tall as when he kneels to help a child
    Mr. Abe Lincoln

Default "Oneiro"

Custom designed and fabricated for client "Slyargo"
    K2 royal blue
    (2)700 mA Buckpucks
    6V battery pack
    "joe jedi" MR sw-616 sound board

Thanks for looking

Lux III on annakin FX sound Module , quick connect royal blue / green

Custom saber in style of Qui-Gon Jinn. Hilt body machined by Do-Clo. Shroud and electronics by me. CF 4.0, Lux V, Li-Ion battery pack.

Custom Saber in style of "Vader ROTJ". Using TCSS blade holder 2 and MHS to sinktube adapter. Lux III R/O, MR soundboard.

Custom Saber. In progress. No firm plans yet, but it promises to be a nice one when done.

Custom Saber in style of Darth Malak. Uses TCSS parts and blade holder modified by Tim. R/O Lux III. MR sound.

Custom Saber. TCSS 1.25" blade holder. Custom shrouds. CF 3.0 board. Seoul P4 LED.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Wink Cool Secret Apprentice Saber

I bought this on fleaBay. It is a version of the Secret Apprentice's saber from The Force Unleashed. It is relatively well made, but electronics are mediocre. I had to rewire it out of the box, but 616 electronics work now.

I included a thumbnail as a taste, the rest of the pix are on photobucket.
    Here is a link to 6 different views:

http://s291.photobucket.com/albums/l...%20Apprentice/
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

Default New Genesis Custom

This is my last custom saber for 2008.
    It's a design that I worked on with Kill Phil. He gets it as soon as I finish loading the sound fonts.

It has a CF 4.0, 2700 mAh NIMH cell at 4.8 volts, red Lux 3, and bargraph.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8yF-i5jXaA

MC

Here's the latest one I put together:

this one runs an MR Luke Skywalker ROTJ soundboard driving a Luxeon III green led, uses 4-AA batteries and can be used to recharge NiMH rechargeable batteries using the adaptor wire and the smart charger in the store. Blade is a 1" thin-walled internally sanded polycarbonate tube that has about 8 feet of clear polypropylene wrapped up inside.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Well here's the first design for a lightspear. I used industrial heatshrink with some o-rings underneath to provide some grip areas and a little more style. It measures just over 6 feet in length with a 20" blade. The top can break apart from the shaft to give a walking staff and a shortsword about the length of a wakazashi. This is done simply by removing a thumbscrew. I will provide a chrome end cap to cap off the saber. It houses a white K2 LED and just has a yellow Lee filter on it. I also put a rubber tip on the butt end so it's good for use as a walking staff as well. All pics are under direct overhead lighting.

All together

Separated

A little closer for detail

And lit
    "vibrations within vibrations, traveling at the speed of color"

"I've got a bad feeling about this..."

Council Member
    Jedi Master

I was looking in the gallery here, and I realized that I never posted pictures of my brass saber, "Enigma" in this thread. Not much new to show, I just wanted to post it where it belongs.

Copper overlays on top of brass sink tube with TCSS adapters, and a blade holder #1

Beauty shot:

Close up of switch area, showing recessed switches. You can't see it from this angle, but there is a low battery indicator LED in front of the activation switch.

White Seoul P4 LED with yellow filter. 1" thick wall blade with Corbin film and cellophane.

Internal view. Crystal Focus 4.0. 4 AA rechargeable NiMH batteries. Some day, I may upgrade to Li-Ion, but no rush. It works fine as it is.

View of bottom side, showing recessed charge port.