Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: FX Sabers for Only $50

AH! WHY DOES THE OBI-WAN KEEP TAUNTING ME!

The Obi-wan was the infamous "blue Saber" I wanted from the very beginning. Hence the ribbing I have on my MHS design.
    I couldnt find it when I went looking for my 1st MR saber, so I got the Darth. Then my Mum came to visit me from the UK and asked what I would like to have as a gift. I asked for the Obi-wan saber. She stopped by Toys R Us and nope, just Vader and the Yoda. Then Christmas came and I was in Toys R us shopping for the kids and lo and behold there was... Luke,ANH, Darth Vader's Darth Maul's and Mace Windu's. the luke was close enough. it was blue and by god I made sure everyone in the family knew where to get it. And the kids got me the Luke. I knew it was a saber under the Christmas tree. That long box is a dead giveaway. This year I bought my son the Hasbro Ultimate Lightsaber kit. I have 3 and he loves my Yoda, so now it it time for the Youngling to begin his training. and then I came across this thread. Ever the curious one, I look at wally worlds website and what do I see?

THAT DARNED OBI-WAN IN STOCK!!! and I spent my last bit of cash on Christmas. Of course the family is getting tired of buying me light sabers, but my dad said he is going to send me money for my birthday which is next month....

I will take the path of patience and save for the MHS parts. I have learned patience over this year :P My kids come first and I cant wait to see my son's face when he opens that gift up..

the moral of this tale?
    Sometimes the chase is what its all about
    Last edited by Blue Fox; 12-12-2008 at 03:23 AM.

Blue Fox, I got two of those build your own kits for my 2 Sons. I hope they like 'em.
    I also went ahead and ordered the Anakin from WalMart -something to experiment with, take apart, etc. I've always been good at modifications of things.
    BTW, as soon as I ordered it, they were, "Out of stock online." Seems that the Obi Wan is the only one left for now. But they change frequently. The Anakin wasn't available last night, but this morning it was.
    Don't worry, though. I plan on spending more $$$ for TCSS parts and equipment. Gonna build a hilt, but will take my time and get it right.
    Last edited by RandallFlagg; 12-12-2008 at 08:34 AM.

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dottore Matto View Post
    What'd ya get fender?
    4 Obi's and a Vader.

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS

They don't have any at our Wal-mart either, just checked yesterday. Would be great for gutting the sound board.
    “He's a friend from work.”

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by FenderBender View Post
    4 Obi's and a Vader.
    3 obi's & 3 Vaders! woooohoooo! We are both set!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

Was just about to order. Now they're all sold out.

Quote Originally Posted by Averaine View Post
    Was just about to order. Now they're all sold out.
    Bummer. Keep checking a few times a day. It keeps changing.

Hmmm, I see a major error in the description...

Showcase your passion for the dark side with this official replica of Darth Maul's lightsaber from Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back. Features four authentic lightsaber sound effects that have been digitally recorded from the movie.

New Staff Design

That's funny!!!! Since when did Maul show up in Ep. V, Wal-mart?!?!?!? That just made my entire day.
    n00bies start here, PLEASE!!! Thread Index

Co-founder of Pencil Busters, Inc.
    PBI Forum Admin
    PBI Homepage
    PBI Forum