Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Refund question

Default Refund question

Hi everyone in here,

I have a refund question that I would like to know what about you think.

I am very into ligtsaber, so I make many lightsaber by myself.

A man order a double head saber of full-color saber to me at 2008 October.

I build this one for him:

http://album.blog.yam.com/marikoswork&folder=5149603

More picture
    http://blog.yam.com/marikoswork/article/18748615

Then he send the saber to me now ,
    and ask me to refund to him.

He ask me to fix it well and setup my sound card on this saber for free, or else he ask me refund.

Should I accept this refund?

I would like to know what about you think, please!

Thanks of you look.....

Makoto

PS: If the post is no good in here, tell me please.Thanks so much.
    Last edited by makototsai; 12-10-2008 at 11:52 AM.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

That's from JadoOfSavannah, isn't it? Many of us know just who he is.

That guy is an idiot who abuses his lightsabers, then expects people to fix his problems when he breaks them.

I say definitely no refund. You couldn't take an item that's broken like that to a store and expect a refund, that's crazy.

Also, do not fix them for free. He broke them, he has to pay to have them fixed.
    Last edited by Jedi-Loreen; 12-10-2008 at 12:17 PM.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I'm not surprised one bit they came back like that.

I had a similar experience with him and luxeon blades. He moaned and complained about issues that were nothing and wanted a refund. He sent them back and the blades were about that condition also: scratched with hack repair jobs by himself.

Personally, I refunded him and blocked his accounts from my e-mail. The with yours is you just can't do that so easily with this.

You could:
    1) Repair it and send it back. I'd only do this with blocking him and/or refusing to do it again.
    2) Demand a fee for repair. If he refuses you'll have to refund it because assuming you used paypal he could open a dispute.
    3) Refund it and salvage them as best you can to resell. Now with "weathering"?!?!

I don't know what is the best for you, but I wish you luck. In the future I warn EVERYONE to not deal with this guy! He goes by "Jado of Savannah"
    RED LEADER Standing by!

makototsai,

Looking at the pictures of the returned sabers, if they were working when you delivered them to your customer and in perfect working shape and now they seem to be abused, broken, it was not due to your work but to their abuse damage/mishandling, I would charge them to repair the sabers. When you sold them to him there was no guaranty anyway. I would not refund anything if he is the one that broke the sabers.

The customer may always be right but the damage was caused by them and not you.

NO REFUND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'M JUST A SPY(LOL)

I would offer to repair it for whatever fees you deem necessary.
    Those sabers look abused like some one was gorilla dueling or dropping them on concrete.
    EDIT I've seen marking like that before on a saber, and it looks like the user was wearing rings, to cuause those kind of scratches
    No warranty should cover that kind of abuse.
    If he refuses to pay, I would repair the sabers anyway and resell them on Ebay with a reserve to cover the cost of his refund.

My policy has always been, if it breaks before 90 days, send it to me for repairs.
    If the end user attempts to repair it themselves, the warranty is void

If he paid with a credit card via paypal, he could file a credit card based claim, but if you have proof of delivery and it is past 45 days. Paypal will be on your side.

Edit
    I checked JadoofSavannah's Youtube page "sent sabers back to makoto for upgrade"
    Last edited by Roy's Blues; 12-10-2008 at 12:35 PM.
    butthurtz is a path to the darkside.
    Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to butthurtz. Butthurtz leads to suffering

Refuse to refund him and charge him for repair work. Jado is a F****** IDIOT!!

I don't know...

If your NEW to TCSS READ HERE!! >>>>> http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...d=1#post108682

I would offer to repair them and provide him a quote of what it would take to do such. If he declines the repair quote, rap them up and send them back to him registered mail with delivery confirmation. I would take lots of pics to document what was shipped back. I also would do as many screen captures of any supporting post or threads to help support your defense against any type of paypal claim.

Let me gt this right.
    The guy has managed to damage his sabers this badly and expects you to repair them for free? And put in two free soundboards?
    I don't know how much your soundboards cost to make but I bet they weren't cheap. I can't beleive he's trying to get them for free!
    The damage is all his fault, so I would suggest telling him just how much all the repair and soundboards would cost. Then if he argues offer to send the sabers back or refund him.
    I'm not anti-social, society is anti me

Saber-carying member of the FSM,
    Barfly at the Intergalactic Kegger

Council Member
    Jedi Master

You are under no obligation to repair anything other than defects in workmanship, and then only if you offered him such a warranty at time of pruchase. Based upon the photographs you provided, the problem is in owner abuse, and not any defects in your product. As such, any repairs are subject to a fee. If he declines the fee, then send them back to him.

If he opens a dispute via paypal, the photographic evidence of his abuse should suffice to prevent a chargeback (forced refund). Also, perhaps you can check his youtube videos to see if any of them show the abuse to the sabers.

Regardless, I would highly recommend you do not refund him or fix them for anything less than cost of repairs.

Edit:

Also, if he sent them back to you in pieces (As shown in the photos) that would void any warranty.
    He deliberatly removed screws, broke solder connections, and disassembled the switches.
    Last edited by ArkaiHalon; 12-10-2008 at 01:41 PM.

Jado is being deceitful and trying to take advantage of you.

Makoto, I would take those pictures and send them to Jado. Directly.

Then I would pack them back up and ship them back with a follow up email stating that you would not repair them.

This is a clear case of abuse, and most if not all of us would agree that he voided any warranty by just taking them apart to "fix" them.