Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: MR Conversions

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Talking Maul Stunt w/Crystal Pommel

This is an empty MR Maul converted to a stunt with the stock crystal lit up...

Particulars:

Empty MR Maul
    950mA Pulsedriver
    stock switch
    LDM Custom Optics/heatsink Module
    5mm HO LED crystal pommel
    stock battery pack
    Stock blade

The Vid:

The Glams:

Internals:

All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

Default Darth Maul Double Hilt Single Blade

So I wanted to cut my teeth with a zero cost Mod of my DM MR UFX saber. I always liked the look of the double hilt with only a single blade exposed.

I refitted the parred-down, blade less LED strip and capped it off with the focus crystal assembly from the pommel. I also stabilized the Mod with some of the foam from inside the original blade.

I had so much fun and now I am ready for my next saber project.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Here's a picture of my MR ESB Vader (red/orange)that I just finished today with my Graflex ESB CF v2.63 and my MHS ROTJ V2 CF v3.1. I'm really happy with the way it turned out!

Default Yoda MR conversion

Complete build log here :
    http://www.plecterlabs.com/catalog/a...78&language=en

It's been a long time I wanted to make a Luxeon Yoda Saber.
    This small hilt was also a nice challenge to fit batteries, CF and speaker.
    Also, I wanted to keep the stock green "indicators" that are fake on the MR version, and turn them into functionnal light-up switches for controlling the CF board.

Monolithic PCV chassis for the (home made) 14500 li-ion battery pack, speaker and board. Overdriven green luxeon V, invisible recharge port, rumbling motor, Crystal Focus 4.31 and custom light-up tactile switches for the blade activation and auxiliary button.

My work started with the modification of the green plastic inserts / bubbles / lenses to make the light-up tactile switches.

►Invisible Recharge Port (centering to be perfected)

►Almost done. I still have to do a Yoda sound font. Good opportunity to come back to some audio work left behind like 2 years ago. I also need to powder coat the emitter in satin black.

► VIDEO
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neFXna_XALg

[update]
    I worked on a little emitter plug. I've PCed the part, not that bad, then weathered it a little since I though that's where the saber can get slightly worn out because of the blade energy.
    You can also spot the kill key.

Last edited by erv; 12-09-2009 at 10:47 PM.
    Props Electronics
    http://www.plecterlabs.com

Hello all...I have just finished my first LED saber. I converted my MR FX Anakin to a Seoul P4 Blue. However, it was not a standard conversion. I am going to be doing some choreography routines with it and a common problem was that the MR FX would always turn off unintentionally and the activation box on the 'clamp' would always get in the way and hurts my hands. So I replaced the stock switch with a different one and made the activation box removable. The switch is hidden under the activation box. Also, my MR FX speaker was blown so I put in a TCSS speaker and modified the chassis to hold the new switch and create a resonance chamber for the speaker. Here is a link to all the pics:
    http://s232.photobucket.com/albums/e...20Lightsabers/
    Mike Spurgeon SL-3412 Star Garrison

"The circle is now complete. When I left you, I was but the learner; now *I* am the master."

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Talking TruPurple MR Mace Windu by LDM

When I met Darth Scythe on Thursday, he saw the TruPurple Saber "Gladius V2" and just happened to have a stock MR Mace in his trunk...Well, I have some large projects on the bench, but they all need powder coating and it has been raining like crazy here, so he happened to luck waaaay out and get bounced to the front of the line! He had a special request that the emitter ring have the holes machined out so the light shines through and it was a good idea because it is sweeeeet! As with all color mixed LEDs, this one looks best with a regular Ultra-style blade.

***note- the blade set screw is in the last picture and takes a 1.5mm Allen wrench***

The particulars:

MR Mace Windu
    TCSS Aluminum Conversion kit
    TruPurple LED and optics
    Machined emitter windows

The BMT:

The pix:

All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

Default Color-changing Obi-Wan TPM conversion

This is a conversion I did for someone who wanted 1) the ability to switch blade color between red and blue, and 2) an on/off switch that would not be triggered accidentally during spins. I also converted it to a rechargeable set-up, using two 14500 3.7V li-ions, a 5-volt voltage regulator (7805), a charge port, and a recharger. (Don't forget the 2.1mm plug adapter.)

For the accident-proof on/off switch, I used a guarded SPST latching switch, and for the color-changing switch, I used a vandal-proof DPDT illuminated latching switch. The blade-retention thumbscrew is one I powder-coated in candy red.

For the main LED, I used a LedEngin RGBA (LZ4-20MA10). I could have gotten brighter results if I used a relay set-up, but the two latching switches didn't leave much room for a relay and one or two hefty 5-Watt resistors. I decided it was bright enough as it is.

Standard disclaimer: The red blade looks orange in the photos, but is a genuine red when you see it in person.

There's always a bigger fish.

My MR Anakin ROTS, running a Lux III Blue LED, powered by the stock board.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Default Darth Vader ANH

Here is a Darth Vader ANH that I converted. The box it came in said it was an ESB but the picture on the box and the saber inside is an ANH saber. I used the conversion kit from TCSS and had to modify the plastic part between the sound card section and the blade holder to fit the conversion kit. I am using a red P4 LED. Here are some pics and a video.

Attached Images Attached Images

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

Default "Black Anakin" ROTS

Here's one I did for a guy over here in Japan. He wanted his Anakin ROTS to be black with a red blade, so I powder-coated the main hilt in glossy black and the aluminum band around the control box in matte black. He wanted a 3/4" blade. Turned out pretty cool, if I may say so myself.

There's always a bigger fish.