Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: MR Conversions

Well I finally got round to finishing of all my MR conversions so here they are. Because there are so many pic I’ve put each one in a different post.

Darth Vader ESB

My first ever MR conversion. I got the hilt from one of the scratch and dent auctions at the start of the year and bought the conversion kit at the same time. Red 3w luxeon with a TCSS blade.

Wasn’t too bad to convert, the only problem was the tiny little pin that holds the bigger pin in the activation box. I was messing with it for about an hour before it came out.

This started out as a Vader ESB but I converted it into an Anakin AOTC style. Chrome shroud, vader coversion kit, Royal blue 3w luxeon and stoke MR blade.

This was just a total &*@*$% to convert. First the small pin wouldn’t come out, I ended up having to cut it to remove the bigger pin. Next I couldn’t get the blade and electronics out the hilt, they got stuck and I spent several hours hitting it of the ground to get it out. I ended up using some WD40. (I don’t know if you have it in the states but it’s a multi-purpose spray that cleans, protects, penetrates, lubricates and displaces moisture. Wow, starting to sound like an advert here. Anyway.) That worked and it all just slipped out. After that everything was taken apart, soldered and put back together within an hour.

For the chrome shroud I had to file down both the inside of the shroud and the outside if the hilt for it to fit. I got it to the point where it was just going on and no more. I put it on and had to hit it to get it on properly, so I smacked it a couple of times on the ground and got it in place but it cracked! I couldn’t believe it. I doubt it will come of now so it will just have to stay on there. You can see it in the pics.

The other conversions where much easier and I got the rest all done in 2 days.

Anakin ROTS

Got his done in an hour or so. Anakin conversion kit with Royal blue 3w luxeon and stock MR blade. It also has the Graflex button thumbscrew from the store but I replaced the red part with the copper part from the original Anakin button. It makes it look more stock.

Mace Windu

Mace Windu conversion kit with Seoul P4 white + lee filter and stock MR blade. Wired up just like the tutorial says. This is the best looking purple blade I’ve got, I have both a 3w and a K2 and neither of them compare. I also drilled through the rest of the holes in the emmiter, I think this makes it look better. The light comes through them.

Darth Maul

Darth Maul conversion kits with red 3w luxeons. No blades for these yet, the stock ones are needing to be sanded down.

Luke ROTJ

I didn’t convert this one, I bought it off Ultra just over a year ago. Luke ROTJ with green 3w luxeon and stock MR blade.

Well thats all my conversions for now. I still have a blade-less Luke ESB thats needing converting but it will be next year before that happens.

This is my Mace Windu. Green Luxon conversion and a machined convertech clip. The switch cover I left off, because I like the recessed switch. The rubber of the handle was also shaved down for easier spins.

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s...er/greenon.jpg

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s...ightondark.jpg

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s...er/noblade.jpg
    It's not easy to butter toast with a lightsaber

Talking Luke ANH 30th aniversary

This one was one of TIm's work..yes the Master himself did it. Look at all the details, It didn't have a scratch at all. He used a Lux III Blue and some parabolic collimator (I think that it come from a flashlight)

The emitter is made of plastic, so I put some chrome tape to cover it

The lightsaber lit

Thanks TIM!!!
    Not only a partner, but a friend

Default Vader ESB convertion

I got this lightsaber on e-bay thinking that it was hollow but OH SURPRISE it has the sound board inside...a real bargain.
    I put a red amber lux III and the blade I use some orange celophan

The Lightsaber lit

Some detail of the wires (those got broken and I make new ones)

I begin this one as a Vader ESB project but now I think that I'm gonna make it like Anakin Ep II (see the resemblens)
    Not only a partner, but a friend

Ok some more MR conversations for you.

First an Anakin ROTS with a little difference. This is how I think Anakin’s saber would have looked like if he had beaten Obi Wan on Mustafar. He would have replaced the blue crystal with a red one and probably done a bit of cosmetic changes to make it look more darker/sith like.

So here it is, TCSS MR Anakin blade holder with a red 3w luxeon. I painted the center band black and weathered the gold parts on the control box.