Thread: US 2.0 components

rich_d85

Default US 2.0 components

Hi Guys
    I'm looking into buying a US2.0. I have read that these boards require specific switches/bats to work. Before I go ahead and buy it can someone just confirm that the below will work.

Blue Lux3
    4AAA Bat pack with Lithium batterys
    TCSS Momentary tactile switch

You sure you want to use Lithium batteries? Most of us use rechargable batteries so we don't have to keep buying new batteries. Lithiums can get quite expensive.

Other than that I think that setup will work fine.

I'd just buy a pair of the trustfire LI Ions from the store with a 2xAA holder and one of the chargers, it'll cost a little more for the initial investment, but you have no Idea how fast these things kill batteries, you'd pay more for batteries in a week of moderate use for the setup you describe.

Agreed, the 3.7V lithium-ion rechargeables that TCSS sells are just about the same size as a regular AA cell, and you only need two of them to power your LED very well, so you have more space in your hilt.

Beside the space consideration, li-ion rechargeables are atleast 100 times cheaper than regular lithium primary batteries (the regular 1.5V AA cells). Sure, the rechargeables cost $3 each, but you can recharge them so many times it's ridiculous! A regular lithium primary battery costs about $2 each, so even after just ONE recharge, the rechargeable one is already saving you money.

I'm hoping Tim will make a triple AA cell holder (pyramid style) so people can either use 4.5V (like the MR FXs), or use three li-ion rechargeables for 11.1V, which Ultra confirmed will give an added increase in brightness on a LuxV LED running on Lux III Overdrive Mode.

Actually...

If you are going to use an LED with a low forward voltage (like the red or red/orange luxeon III) I would use 4x AA NiMH at 4.8v. Giving the US 2.0 board 7.4v rated with an LED that requires 2.9v at 1.4A will result in a very warm US 2.0 board.
    Edwin Tracy (Eandori)

- Official Plecter Labs USA station for repairs and firmware upgrades, Ultrasound soon!
    - Occasional completed Lightsabers for sale there!

^ Eandori's right, I was thinking about LuxVs, not LuxIIIs. My mistake!

speaker cause the US board don't come with one.
    New to the forum: READ, READ, READ! it's the best way not to get flamed.
    Time for a kirby dance <('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)<('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)