Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: FenderBender's New Brass MHS.....again.

That's a sharp saber, very well done =)
    "Run when you have to, fight when you must, rest when you can."

So, I get off the habit for a few weeks, and there's some real nice work starts rearing it's head out there!!! That's awesome dude!!!

I always love your work fender!!

U got brass, Angelus has his one, I gotta pull my finger out & start my Steampunk one!!!
    XBOX 360 Gamertag AdeganBlue

Being so great, the owner of these wonderful forums and attached shop has filmed how to build an MHS hilt, here's the link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm_-BQb_-eY
    Is he just great to you all?

GIVE ME. GIVE ME Seriously dude that is WICKED. though it needs a red or yellow blade.
    New to the forum: READ, READ, READ! it's the best way not to get flamed.
    Time for a kirby dance <('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)<('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)

All I have to say about this saber is.....HOLY CRAP MAN! WOW! This is one of the coolest overlay sabers I've yet to see. Good job!

As nice as this hilt looks, and it does look nice, I have to wonder how it handles. It seems to me that the brass overlay would kind of defeat the functionality of the choke point. It also seems that the thin brass edges have the potential to be uncomfortable in the hand. So, how does this hilt handle? How do you think it would hold up to fighting with? If it doesn’t pose any problems then it could open up some design elements I had previously not considered. Still, that’s a gorgeous hilt.

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Physche View Post
    As nice as this hilt looks, and it does look nice, I have to wonder how it handles. It seems to me that the brass overlay would kind of defeat the functionality of the choke point. It also seems that the thin brass edges have the potential to be uncomfortable in the hand. So, how does this hilt handle? How do you think it would hold up to fighting with? If it doesn’t pose any problems then it could open up some design elements I had previously not considered. Still, that’s a gorgeous hilt.
    The cutouts in the overlays allow for a great grip position and the sanding and buffing process on the brass rounds the edges so that they are quite smooth, even the narrow piece encircling the bottom of the choke. (Which fits nicely between the first and middle finger of the grip hand). Regarding dueling, with what most people do with these sabers, it should hold up just fine, other than some minor scratches. With extremely heavy dueling, I don't know. But, then again, you can say that about a lot of sabers.

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS

That’s really cool to hear. I never would have considered an overlay design like that for fear that it would too drastically impact the functionality of the saber. I guess sink tubes are more substantial than I realize. Thanks for the info.

Well I for one love this.. always love a nice gold saber, and this is a very nice one indeed..

Kudos to you

very classy man, awesome work, and great teamwork from what I see inferred

I <3 Mako